Lake Louise Area

Printable View

• 07-29-2006
    Carbon Ken
    Lake Louise Area
    Hi,

Has anyone tried any of the trails in the Lake Louise area such as the Moraine Lake Trail, Pipestone or Ross Lake ?

I went with a friend to explore the area around Ross Lake but somehow ended up on 1A for a short distance before my friend took a (telemark) detour to the north where we rode down an overgrown 4x4 trail before stopping within 50m of Hwy 1. The problem with getting to Hwy 1 was of course that fast flowing river otherwise known as Bath Creek. We eventually walked upstream until we could cross a downed tree to a sandbar and wade through the river. The river was almost up to my waist ! I sure won't be doing that again anytime soon... :nono:
  • 07-31-2006
    fsrxc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by konaken
    Hi,

Has anyone tried any of the trails in the Lake Louise area such as the Moraine Lake Trail, Pipestone or Ross Lake ?

I went with a friend to explore the area around Ross Lake but somehow ended up on 1A for a short distance before my friend took a (telemark) detour to the north where we rode down an overgrown 4x4 trail before stopping within 50m of Hwy 1. The problem with getting to Hwy 1 was of course that fast flowing river otherwise known as Bath Creek. We eventually walked upstream until we could cross a downed tree to a sandbar and wade through the river. The river was almost up to my waist ! I sure won't be doing that again anytime soon... :nono:

Biking is very restricted in Banff Park, so you'll have to check for access to any trail you might be interested in.
  • 08-14-2006
    cort
    Living in BNP for six years and having the pleasure of riding in both Banff and LL I have come to the conlusion that mountain biking is not welcome activity here. (Trail closer's specific to mountain bikers only and individual(s) who constantly block legal trail's with debris)
    That being said, here are some great LEGAL rides in the Banff area:

Lake Minawanka Trail = 30km (wardens cabin)
    Tunnel Mtn Loop (The Hodoo's trail) = 17km loop
    The Water Tower trail = 12km
    Rundle Riverside Trail via: Banff trail = out to Camore and back

Re: Lake Loiuse - yup you have some nice riding near Moraine Lake, however some of the trail's are closed most of the summer due to bear activity