Kelowna and Forest Fires- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kelowna and Forest Fires

Since I'm getting a lot of questions about the fires up this way...

The fires are at this point under control and the evacuations are over. The Glenrosa fire did not impact any riding trails, including the Powers Creek and Smith Creek areas.

The Rose Valley fire has burned through part of the lower section of McDougall Rim. Basically, where you come out to the cliffs, it has burned. It will be closed for a while yet, but I'm not thinking it will be that heavily impacted. The quad damage is likely worse than anything the fire can do.

Apart from that, terrace Mtn is still spitting out smoke, but as it's a long way from town it's not endangering any homes or trails.

Everything else is good to go, and the highway is open.

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    The Terrace Mountain fire while not threatening much directly is sure affecting riding in Vernon and environs. The smoke is pretty thick. Even Silver Star Mountain is smoggy and it is usually the best place in the summer to beat the heat and get some good riding in.

I'm glad to be off to Jasper for a week on Saturday. Hopefully the fires and smoke will be gong when we get back.

Members who have read this thread: 0