Jasper Trail Conditions 2016- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Jasper Trail Conditions 2016

Drying out nicely after the winter that wasn't. Great for pine beetles and cyclists but lousy for skiers...Anyways...
    Around 30 percent is dry and yummy. Lots of no go places still so please check in with the local bike shops before you head out. Or ask questions here and hopefully I can answer them. And as always...Ride through the middle of the puddles!!! I swear mountain bikers have gotten softer every year about getting a little dirty
    If you have never ridden xc in Jasper before, make this year the season you come ride endless natural single track with stunning back drops.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks for the update!
    In Edmonton it sees to be as bad as ever for people ridding around puddles and not through them...
    As a kid I remember getting dirty being have the fun of going out for a ride.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Drying quickly! 60 percent. Trees down and some mud puddles but worth driving here...

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm in Jasper in a few weeks. While I'm pretty confident conditions will be favourable (unless I get rained out), I'm not so sure about wildlife. Has the park service shut down much of the area surrounding the town due to bears yet?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Bears? I'm more scared of elk. There may well be a trail 7 closure cause they wont close the golf course but it won't affect your trip.
    Even in the rain there are great trails to ride. Many places drain well and can be ridden in all but the most torrential downpour. PM me for the name of the shop you should check in with or search for Jasper Trail Alliance facebook page...
    Great group ride @ the local shop on tuesdays at 7. Non-race pace! Or fast if you want...

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm fine with bears but the park service isn't. The first week of last May the majority of the trails surrounding the town site were shut down due to heavy bear activity (grizzlies on trail 7, black bears by Pyramid lake, etc.). The Five Lakes trail was open, so I got to enjoy that, but the early season park closures can be a bummer. I'll definitely be checking the FB page before I take off for Jasper though. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    There was more closures than normal last year but there are so many other trails its easy to adjust.