How crazy is the scene at Crankworx?- Mtbr.com
    Air Pirate

How crazy is the scene at Crankworx?

Considering a visit to Whistler during Crankworx since I will be up in the Vancouver area for two weeks in August. My 12 year old daughter would love to see everything, she was hooked since she saw Seasons. But we will have my mostly non-riding wife and some of her cousins with us.

Are the crowds really as awesome in size as it looks in the pics you can find on the net? How is the general vibe? Is it good for non-riders to be entertained, or will they burn-out too soon?

Also, how is the parking situation, and are any of the trails still accessable during the competitions? Probably going to have our XC bikes, so we would be looking at doing some of the lighter weight rides like the Lost Lake stuff since we may have some newbie riders with us.

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    the crowds during the Slopestyle Finals are the biggest you may see in this town, definitly a must see if you wanna see some things thrown down, otherwise its not too bad, the weekends are busier the the weekdays but its still busy in town, the mountain has a few trails closed during racing and training but most of the trails are open, the bottom is just congested with spectators and the line up and team tents. Lost Lake is awesome for XC cruising as they keep expanding the singletrack and the rest of the valley is un touched by Crankworx, have fun if you come up, and for non riders the Slopestyle will wow and amze them....

Members who have read this thread: 0