Hey from Australia - flying into Vancouver for a week to ride, what's your best itine- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Hey from Australia - flying into Vancouver for a week to ride, what's your best itine

So I'm zipping into Vancouver on work and taking a week off while I'm there. A week mountain biking in Canada, away from the family with free flights is NEVER going to happen again in my life time. So, I'm prepared to go crazy.

I'm open to a week in whistler, getting an RV and touring or whatevs.

What would you do!? What's your ideal itinerary with a week in BC? I've never been before. Should I consider a big circular tour of BC with bike, riding in the mornings and cruising the afternoons? I arrive in Vancouver 6th June, so don't have too much time to plan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ups and downs
    Touring BC would be like touring Western Australia, so a week calls for a more focused approach. If you want a good taste of BC in a week, spending it in Squamish and Whistler would be the way to go. They are 45 minutes apart by car (most days) so the decision of which to use as a base depends on whether you expect to spend a lot of time at Whistler Bike Park or ride natural trails outside of the Park.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

ready to ride
    I agree with Rocky. One week is barely enough time to get a taste of Whistler and Squamish. This will be my third year going to Whistler and already planning for year four where I can take two to three weeks to explore other areas of BC. There is a lot to be said for spending more time on the trail and less time behind the wheel trying to get from point A to B. So much great riding there and Whistler is ground zero for it. Squamish is awesome as well and could easily spend two or three days riding there. I am not a huge park fan but Whistler is an awesome park.

I like to spend two days back to back riding park. One to get my park legs back and another to let loose. If you do ride the park do yourself a favor and rent a top notch DH bike. How many time are you going to ride there? Exactly my point. Evolution Bikes has some great SC V10 setups. Tons of great "XC" trails. Don't let XC full you. These trails are super legit especially the black ones. If you are truly wanting to do a XC slog in the woods Comfortably Numb is pretty epic.

So that is six to seven days solid riding right there. If you have a half day near Vancouver you could consider North Shore but personally I would spend that time in Squamish. If you don't have fun it's no ones fault but your own
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan