Help! Need two bike racks for MTB trip from Calgary!- Mtbr.com
    dfo
    mtbr member

Help! Need two bike racks for MTB trip from Calgary!

Hi everyone,

We are a group of 7 mountain bikers from Montreal, PQ. We will be doing a bike trip in the Kootenay Rockies from Sat August 29th to Sat Sept 12. We are renting two RV's in Calgary, and will be visiting Fernie, Nelson, Rossland, Revelstoke, Golden, etc.

We need to find two bike racks to fit behind our RV's. The RV's have 2" square hitch receivers (Class 3). Each rack would need to fit 4 mountain bikes (ex. Thule 917XTR, NSR-4, etc.).

One of the RV's will do the full two weeks (three riders), and the other (four riders) will be returning on Mon Sept 7.

Bikers from the Calgary area:
    - Anyone knows where we can find that?
    - Anyone willing to rent their own rack? We would of course pay a fair rental price.
    - You may contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!!!!!

Dan
    It is not the fall that kills you. Its the sudden stop at the end. - D.Adams.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dfo View Post
    Hi everyone,

We are a group of 7 mountain bikers from Montreal, PQ. We will be doing a bike trip in the Kootenay Rockies from Sat August 29th to Sat Sept 12. We are renting two RV's in Calgary, and will be visiting Fernie, Nelson, Rossland, Revelstoke, Golden, etc.

We need to find two bike racks to fit behind our RV's. The RV's have 2" square hitch receivers (Class 3). Each rack would need to fit 4 mountain bikes (ex. Thule 917XTR, NSR-4, etc.).

One of the RV's will do the full two weeks (three riders), and the other (four riders) will be returning on Mon Sept 7.

Bikers from the Calgary area:
    - Anyone knows where we can find that?
    - Anyone willing to rent their own rack? We would of course pay a fair rental price.
    - You may contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!!!!!

Dan
    Hi Dan,

Have you checked out Hitchweb? They're a Canadian company with lots of bike racks. I am sure they have something for you. I recently purchased a 2 bike rack from them and I love it! Here is their website: Hitch Mounted Bike Racks