Hello Yellowknifers- Mtbr.com
    Formerly DMR For Life

Bonking ... not feelin' well Hello Yellowknifers

hey all
    i just moved to Yellowknife NT and was wondering if there are any good trails of any sort around here or is the best riding to be found in the rocks?
    NH

May 2005
    Did you find any? I was near the hospital the other night, pretty rocky. I think I'll check out tin can hill and bristal pit. What kind of riding to you do? I hear there's a club in town. Ask down at overlander sports.
    C

Formerly DMR For Life

lots to find yet

Quote Originally Posted by curt_cam
    Did you find any? I was near the hospital the other night, pretty rocky. I think I'll check out tin can hill and bristal pit. What kind of riding to you do? I hear there's a club in town. Ask down at overlander sports.
    C
    well i like most types of riding but the bike i have at current is more suited to light XC....whats the trail around frame lake like? wheres bristal pit...i haven't heard of that one yet...i was up on tin can hill the other night, but did have to much time to look around....yeah i'll check at overlander see if they have a map....i hear that theres some nice riding across the round from the vistors center anyone been in and around there?

NH

May 2005
    Bristal Pit is that big pit by the airport, across from Kingland. I was going to practice some DH there. Niven lake is across from the visitors center, frame lake trail would be a good one. You'll have to hump your bike up some stairs and rocks. While I was 4X4ing I found a nice dirt road from the sandpits to con mine. Looks like it'd be a good bike ride. There's a ton of snowmobile trails aroud,but they just to many lakes to ride those.
    Watch for bears, they out and hungry right now, even on Frame and Niven lake trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0