Great riding in Whitehorse/Carcross,Yukon.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Great riding in Whitehorse/Carcross,Yukon.

I had the pleasure of riding in Whitehorse and Carcross in September. I spent a week there and would have stayed longer had my rear derailuer not become lodged in my spokes after striking a rock on a screaming downhill on the Stan McGee trail in Carcross.

I rode most of the trails on Grey mountain in Whitehorse. The kiosks and trail signs make it easy to navigate without a map. It reminded me of Revelstoke which has a similar setup.
    In Carcross the riding was more technical, big boulder slabs and stellar terrain. I was fortunate to meet Derrick and Wayne, a couple of guys who were building the trails. They drove me up to a trail that was just finished and I was one of the first people to ride it. The next day they drove me to the Stan McGee trail. They are in the process of building more trails and I look forward to getting a chance to ride with them next year.

The best part was throughout my time in WH and Carcross it was like I had the trails to myself. Hard to believe. I have ridden in Whistler, Rossland, Nelson, Revelstoke, Golden and many places in the US and I rank the Yukon right up there. You Canadians are lucky. I will most certainly be back.

Patrick

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yep, we are pretty lucky up here in the Yukon! Lots of great trails and a fun mountain bike community. Glad to hear you hooked up with Derek and Wayne!

Members who have read this thread: 0