Grand Prairie trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Grand Prairie trails

Going to be in GP over the weekend and hoping to get some riding in. We are looking for cross country realize no epic mtb but looking for some fun and not scared of technical stuff. We looked at GP wheelers site and it mentioned Nitehawk and the Nordic ski center. Wondering if there's more than downhill mtb at Nitehawk as I didn't notice any cross country on their website. My wife and I are intermediate riders on vacation who have spent the last few days riding West Bragg and Canmore Nordic centre. Last summer we enjoyed riding in Golden and Revelstoke. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    For xc riding the Nordic Centre and the south bear/Wedgwood loop are your best bets. The nordic centre is very sandy in places and has various sections of single track between xc ski trails. Nothing too technical. No signage for the single track so it will be a bit of exploring for you. Start at the main lodge and all of the good riding is off the forest trail loops or the competition trails to the south. Bear creek/Wedgwood loop is more technical and more sustained single track. Start at the south bear creek parking lot head south to a metal bridge, you will see ball diamonds to the east follow a bike path beside the main diamond. As you ride a gravel trail will head off to the right follow it and you will come to a clearing once you hit the clearing there is single track to the left marked with flags this is the start. I'd you go down the hill and hit a yellow bridge you have gone too far. The loop will take you back to the metal bridge at the start. You can continue a to ride on the south side do the creek to 68 ave and loop to your starting place.