Gotsta narrow it down- Mtbr.com
    Paper Street

New question here. Gotsta narrow it down

I get home on the 6th of October and will be in Canada by the 8th or 9th. What I am looking for is the GREATEST concentration of riding with the most stable dry weather for the LONGEST period. I don't mind some rain, some cold, but I missed almost the whole season in Asscrackistan and I want to get some quality riding in. I like Xcountry, low with flow freeride, downhill...whatever.

I've been poking around the forum, but I'll just ask straightforward. If you had limited time in the fall where would you go?

Whistler is always an option, but I do get tired of rain. I've looked into Canmore, Rossland, Fernie, Nelson, the Okanagan, Kamloops. Whatever has the most buzz for the limited window of fall.

Do the lift served areas have any hardship with riding the service roads after the lifts have closed? Which area is most friendly for that type of thing?

Any suggestions?

Gear Whore
    If you are looking for the MOST riding....<st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Vancouver</st1:place></st1:city> area...there is so much there its not even funny. And I am sure there are a lot of riders that would show you around. Also a great site for maps and photo's of what is in the area is http://www.gutsploder.com/ OR http://www.gutsploder.net/. The Trails here are built for the rain and some would say that fall is the best time of the year to ride them. While you are there hit up squamish/whistler/penticton and Cypress ski resort.

If you want not too wet...go to the interior´┐Ż<st1:city w:st="on">Kamloops</st1:city> has some nice riding, but you need a guide for everything but Rose Hill and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Sun</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Peaks</st1:placetype></st1:place>...(but if it does raid...its REALLY mucky)

<st1:city w:st="on">Kelowna</st1:city> has good riding and some kickass XC from what I hear...and you can hit up <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">penticton</st1:place></st1:city> and other areas while there too.

The Kooteneys (Rossland/Fernie/Nelson) I have only heard good things about....but have not been out there yet....

Also can't forget the <st1:place w:st="on">Island</st1:place> (some of my favourite trails) and the sunshine coast...the possibilities are endless in BC....
    Last edited by mudpuppy; 09-02-2005 at 02:12 PM.