giant sedona at whistler- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

giant sedona at whistler

hi all, first post, great forums

i bought this bike http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/...le/2185/31867/ (the '08 model) i chucked on some slightly fatter mtb tyres and have in the last 6 months or so started to get into downhill/xc. it's been heaps of fun and my skill level is starting to improve. nothing super psycho but i am starting to get the hang of smaller/medium jumps and drop offs.

im going to whistler for the winter season at the end of the year, and am thinking of heading over a month or so early to hit the bike park. is this bike and me going to get destroyed if i do that? any advice? my budget really cant stretch to a new bike, im from aus so ive already dropped $1600 on a plane ticket, plus i wont be working for the first month or 2 when i get to canada, and i need a new snowboard for the winter! cheers!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The link didn't work for me. However, my mom owns the same bike, so I can say that it definitely isn't designed for what you have in mind. Rent a bike. I suppose the sedona may work on some mellow XC trails in BC, but I personally have never ridden in the Whistler area, so don't know what the XC is like there. You are asking for trouble if you huck that bike.

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    No, rent a bike when you get there. And, stop jumping your bike before you hurt yourself.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but that bike is not meant to leave the ground (if it's the same sedona
    they have on their website).

Members who have read this thread: 0