Getting to the Shore from Whistler- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Getting to the Shore from Whistler

Nine of us riders from Arizona are renting a condo in Whistler this July. We would like to get down to the shore for a day or two mid-week. We are flying/shuttling so will have no vehicle. Does anyone know if we can rent a truck or van in Whistler? Where? We would rather not hire a shuttle/guide but will if this is our only option. Recommendations there appreciated to. Any other ideas? Greyhound? Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Well, I think I just answered my own question. Avis in the Village will rent a pickup or cargo van. Thanks anyway.

ups and downs
    That'll be cheaper than taking the Whistler Mountaineer train to North Van and back which would be about $199/person round trip.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoto
    Well, I think I just answered my own question. Avis in the Village will rent a pickup or cargo van. Thanks anyway.
    Make a reservation, they don't always have trucks in Whistler, they have to bring one up or wait
    for someone to drop one off. I've been there and had to pack my bikes on the roof (in boxes).

ups and downs
    The other thing to keep in mind, after a couple of days of being spoiled by lift accessed buff DH trails at Whistler Bike Park, that Fromme is pedal driven shuttle access (550m+ elevation gain to the 7th switchback ) and Mt.Seymour has some truck shuttle options or a ride up the Old Buck Trail to the lower trails.

You can visually explore your Shore trail options here, clicking on the green dots brings up pics...

http://www.gutsploder.net/maps/Fromme.htm

http://www.gutsploder.net/maps/Seymour.htm
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Don't forget http://www.gutsploder.net/maps/Cypress.htm and then if you don't mind driving
    another hour or so the woodlot is really fun.

I'd recommend nsmb.com for all your north shore fun. See if anyone wants to show you around...
    beer works great as a method of getting "tour guides".

mtbr member
    Great links; THANKS! We've been several times so are aware of the pedal up Fromme, but so worth it. We might have to check out the Woodlot this year. Thanks all!

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoto
    Great links; THANKS! We've been several times so are aware of the pedal up Fromme, but so worth it. We might have to check out the Woodlot this year. Thanks all!
    I didn't think the pedal up Fromme was too bad (even on my 47lb demo 8), for a climb/push
    from hell, come out to the island and ride Haborview.

Members who have read this thread: 0