European in Vancouver / Whistler- Mtbr.com

May 2006

European in Vancouver / Whistler

Hi all,

I am quite new to ur crazy sport, I just bought a GED and having fun doing 4X and little jumping, but i never did downhill before. I am gonna be in vancouver from the 2 to 16th of July for work and I am planning to go to whistler for 3 or 4 days. I plan to rent a bike (any suggestions where?) and to buy protections, do you think it is a good idea and is it better to buy them in Vancouver (maybe cheaper?) or directly in Whistler?

All the mtb equipment is cheaper in north america than in europe, so I should take advantage and buy some good protections. How much do u think a reasonable legs/arms/gloves/chest/helmet set is gonna set me back? What is a cheap shop u would reccomend?

Thanks and see u in the trails!

damien

mtbr member
    well you can rent bikes from whistler, check out their web site. I think they have kona stinkys and are like $60 for half day or $100 for a full day. As far as gear I think most places sell the same stuff at the same price, just look for some stuff on sale, and if you buy everthing at once ask for a deal.

Apr 2006
    you can rent the bike and the gear at whistler.......

Members who have read this thread: 0