Enduro Elite- Mtbr.com

Thread: Enduro Elite

mtbr member

Enduro Elite

Perhaps a dumb question, but I gotta ask. So i'm headed to Whistler for the first time in a couple days. I had originally planned on renting a Demo 7 from Evolution, but now I'm thinking about bringing my 2006 Specoalized Enduro Elite (Fox Float 130 32mm, DHX Air 4, DT5.1's and Hope Pro's). I'm only going to have one day to mtn bike, so I'm thinking it might be better to bring something I'm comfortable with versus spending the day getting used to a different bike. The hotel we are staying at (PInnacle) has no issues with bikes in the room, so storage is not an issue. I'm from Seattle, and more than comfortable taking this bike off 4-6 drops (anything at Colonnade) and bombing down Tiger Mtn full-tilt. Will Whistler be too much for my bike though? I'm not planning on hitting anything crazy at Whistler, and most of the trails I've been checking out (Crank It Up, A-Line, etc) seem fairly smooth.

Kind of a toss up between renting with insurance to not worry about damage, and bring my own bike and enjoying the one day I get to ride more.
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    you will definitely have more fun in the park on a demo 7 no matter if you're used to it or not. it's just so different to trail riding. That said, you can take your enduro into the park, it (and you!) will get a hammering though, and it's such a great trail bike that I wouldn't want to risk it in the park. something heavier and plusher with slacker angles will help you out more than you can imagine. The jump trails (crank it up, A line, etc) are very smooth except in some of the corners where it gets super rutted but the technical trails are a serious root fest.

I have a stumpjumper and a demo 7 and though I can ride a lot of the trails on the stumpy I get worn out after a couple runs. Some trails I just wouldn't even attempt on it. If you want to maximise your day in the park and get your money's worth, go demo 7 all the way.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    not sure how I managed to do a double post 10 mins apart... one of cyberspace's great mysteries. sorry.
    Last edited by mtb_chick; 09-17-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: double post

the cool nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Perhaps a dumb question, but I gotta ask. So i'm headed to Whistler for the first time in a couple days. I had originally planned on renting a Demo 7 from Evolution, but now I'm thinking about bringing my 2006 Specoalized Enduro Elite (Fox Float 130 32mm, DHX Air 4, DT5.1's and Hope Pro's). I'm only going to have one day to mtn bike, so I'm thinking it might be better to bring something I'm comfortable with versus spending the day getting used to a different bike. The hotel we are staying at (PInnacle) has no issues with bikes in the room, so storage is not an issue. I'm from Seattle, and more than comfortable taking this bike off 4-6 drops (anything at Colonnade) and bombing down Tiger Mtn full-tilt. Will Whistler be too much for my bike though? I'm not planning on hitting anything crazy at Whistler, and most of the trails I've been checking out (Crank It Up, A-Line, etc) seem fairly smooth.

Kind of a toss up between renting with insurance to not worry about damage, and bring my own bike and enjoying the one day I get to ride more.
    since you're only going to have one day in the park, and you don't have any trouble bringing your own bike, you should definitely bring the bike you know and you're comfortable on.

no reason at all to rent a bigger bike to ride the same jumps and drops you would ride on your enduro..
    "The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice

mtbr member
    Well, I went last weekend, and to be honest I was VERY glad I rented the Demo 7 afterall. I definitely could have ridden the Enduro there, but the braking bumps alone would have trashed my arms something fierce. It was bad enough the next day with the Demo

All in all it only took me 1-2 two runs to get used to the new bike, and the slacker geometry made it a lot easier to handle in the air too. Those 40mm stanchions on the Totem were something to look at too, beefy!

Downside of renting the Demo was that I absolutely fell in love with it for that type of riding, and now I want one

Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

Members who have read this thread: 0