• 07-20-2005
    zdfg
    End of season downhill/Freeride bike sales?
    Has anyone here purchased one of the used rental bikes end of season from a vendor in Whistler? If so how was the bike, how is it holding up, and was the purchase price reasonable? Are there other similar deals from the bike shop in Squamish or someone closer to Vancouver? Any second hand info would be great also.

Thanks for your info,

ZDFG
  • 07-20-2005
    skihillguy
    Yes the bike shops here do sell off the bikes at the end of the season. It really dependson the shop and how the bike was ridden. Just check it over carefully. Prices are usually reasonable but the end of the season is a ways off yet....its only July
  • 07-21-2005
    zdfg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skihillguy
    Yes the bike shops here do sell off the bikes at the end of the season. It really dependson the shop and how the bike was ridden. Just check it over carefully. Prices are usually reasonable but the end of the season is a ways off yet....its only July

I work in Afghanistan half of the year, so I won't return until October. What time of year do the bikes generally start getting sold off?
  • 09-27-2005
    stinkyman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zdfg
    I work in Afghanistan half of the year, so I won't return until October. What time of year do the bikes generally start getting sold off?

I just bought a brand new '05 Stinky from RVC here in Edmonton for $1999.00, that's about $300.00 less than ticket. Might be worth your while to buy a brand new bike with a warranty rather than risk a cracked frame on a used rental.
  • 09-29-2005
    CraigH
    Whistler is having their annual Turkey sale on Thanksgiving, I think they sell of what ever they have left from the summer season and last years ski season then. (I haven't been to the sale for a couple of years.)
  • 09-30-2005
    zdfg
    Thanks for the replies, which could be useful for anyone looking for a good DH/Freeride or even Xcountry bike.

I ended up purchasing a brand new 2004 Specialized Demo9 which they still had in their warehouse. Got it for about 2900.
  • 09-30-2005
    ebxtreme
    Whistler's selling their rentals.
    Never mind.....didn't read the last post.

ZD....you'll love the Demo 9.

EB