Do I need a Passport- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Do I need a Passport

Thinking of making trip to Whistler but dont know if I need a passport. I have heard that new changes require that you have passport. Any info is appreciated.

Oct 2005
    The passport card adequate for travel to Canada? I got one with my passport last year. Pretty cool I don't need to carry my passport overseas. My proof of legal entrance into the country is unfortunately on my other passport (non-US passport), so I still have to show something for it. It's cheaper than a passport, butI'm not sure if you have to get them at the same time if your pass is expired. Likely so.

mtbr member
    Heres a link to the Canada Border Services requirements for entry:
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-...dmiss-eng.html

Heres a link to US border services requirements:
    http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/eng_map.html

Looks like you dont need a passport to get into Canada (birth certificate & photo ID OK) but you'll need better ID to get back home to the States from Canada (passport, passport card, etc.)

When I travel from Canada to the States, I always get asked for passport ID by the US border cops.
    Socks are supposed to be pink.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Good job! Thanks

Thank you very much for info!!! Sounds like I have paperwork to do before I go.

ups and downs
    Likely a good plan, I don't think that "killer bike parks" have been added to the list of legitimate reasons for accepting refugee claims in Canada yet.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Well I could hope. I would not mind being a refugee mountain biker in Canada. Have heard that it is awesome up there.

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    pretty sure you need a passport to get back into the states.....not one to get into Canada...but you will need a VISA if your from Mexico.....

Members who have read this thread: 0