Delta watershed trails destroyed by city.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Delta watershed trails destroyed by city.

Also posted on main Passion board

Went to Rocky Cycle this morning and was informed by one of the staff who rides the shed daily that the city went in there, cut all the log rides, jumps, drops, everything that has to do with biking is literally gone. I'm guessing they were getting complaints from walkers or something. If they would stay on the shared trails and off the single tracks there wouldn't be an issue. now I have nowhere to ride. Total fukin horse $hit.Ba$tards!!!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    More info on the Delta Watershed here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=6545

Delta Water Shed Bike Club meeting March 5th, see this thread for more info

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=7665

Jan 2004

shed not that bad

I guess how you feel about the shed destruction really depends on your point of view.

I just got back from a quick look-see ride out there cuz I was very curious to see first hand what happened. I'm an instructor with Women's Only Mountainbiking based in the Vancouver area and we routinely take all levels of participants to the Shed for log work. So when I heard that "virtually everything to do with biking" was destroyed, my heart just sunk.

Well, unless you're specifically going there to ride the huge NS-style stunts, everything seems just fine. The logs (monster stacks, etc) are all intact and waiting for the big front-wheel lifts. There were even smaller built stunts that we found still standing. Not that I'd do them, cuz they are pretty rickety. The trails are in great shape right now, and with the roots and logs being slippery it's fantastic balance work. Sadly the jump line down the gravel path has been bull-dozed but the jumps that are actually in the trails were left alone. I felt bad for the people that put hundreds of hours into building the "stairway" structure. It was a thing of beauty.

Looking for the silver lining in this situation - it seems that it has galvanized the local community into dialogue with the city, and if cool heads prevail hopefully some kind of agreement will be reached.

Happy trails.

mtbr member

yes i agree....

Quote Originally Posted by DrLeah
    I guess how you feel about the shed destruction really depends on your point of view.

I just got back from a quick look-see ride out there cuz I was very curious to see first hand what happened. I'm an instructor with Women's Only Mountainbiking based in the Vancouver area and we routinely take all levels of participants to the Shed for log work. So when I heard that "virtually everything to do with biking" was destroyed, my heart just sunk.

Well, unless you're specifically going there to ride the huge NS-style stunts, everything seems just fine. The logs (monster stacks, etc) are all intact and waiting for the big front-wheel lifts. There were even smaller built stunts that we found still standing. Not that I'd do them, cuz they are pretty rickety. The trails are in great shape right now, and with the roots and logs being slippery it's fantastic balance work. Sadly the jump line down the gravel path has been bull-dozed but the jumps that are actually in the trails were left alone. I felt bad for the people that put hundreds of hours into building the "stairway" structure. It was a thing of beauty.

Looking for the silver lining in this situation - it seems that it has galvanized the local community into dialogue with the city, and if cool heads prevail hopefully some kind of agreement will be reached.

Happy trails.
    I heard this froma guy who rides the shed daily that everything was gone..... i went last weekend and no its only a couple of trails as you said that were demo'ed... its still fun to ride, but i am going to the meeting regardless before it does get worse... anyone else attending it from here?

JimC posted a link to a related newspaper article here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=8559

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    JimC posted a link to a related newspaper article here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=8559
    yup read it... also did you see the Park Director's name? Ken ****z....I know its pronouced Coonts, but thats far from how i want to pronouce it.
    Hey Craig.... got any decent forks for sale at a good price for my wife's bike?

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    Also posted on main Passion board

Went to Rocky Cycle this morning and was informed by one of the staff who rides the shed daily that the city went in there, cut all the log rides, jumps, drops, everything that has to do with biking is literally gone. I'm guessing they were getting complaints from walkers or something. If they would stay on the shared trails and off the single tracks there wouldn't be an issue. now I have nowhere to ride. Total fukin horse $hit.Ba$tards!!!
    Hey man Im from North Delta myself, infact i live a block away from "the shed" and letme tell u right now what delta parks board did was a f'in nightmare. because of one incedent they tore down all the man made and free made jumps and drops it used to be a 4 on my rating but now dont even bother going unless ur a casual rider which im NOT. And the reason they got rid of everything is not because of complaints its because a kid in my school broke his collar bone and his parents set a law suit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-Rider
    Hey man Im from North Delta myself, infact i live a block away from "the shed" and letme tell u right now what delta parks board did was a f'in nightmare. because of one incedent they tore down all the man made and free made jumps and drops it used to be a 4 on my rating but now dont even bother going unless ur a casual rider which im NOT. And the reason they got rid of everything is not because of complaints its because a kid in my school broke his collar bone and his parents set a law suit.
    Wel lactually i moved to white rock so now I'll be checking out south surrey park... ihear its pretty good. I know that kid broke his collar bone... anyone ever thought of asking his parents who are they going to sue if their son would've broke his collar bone in his driveway?