Cumberland BC Bike race trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cumberland BC Bike race trails

I am going to be in Cumberland June 11-15 and idea if the BC Bike race trials will be marked? I know it is a long shot but would be nice to ride a bit of the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."
    Mark Twain?

ups and downs
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Well, they just had a race on Sunday and it was supposed to be the same course. It was marked. I'll check and see if the tape is still up.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Are you in the race?
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Thanks. I am not in the race, but I may try in of couple years. I just want to get a good ride in while I am up there in June.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by luvdabeach2001; 05-27-2015 at 06:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Awesome. Thank you.

"This is a permitted race course, not all trails can be ridden 365 days a year. Please respect Land Managers and Ride at Your Own Risk."

Any ideas which parts are not open trails?
    Any GPX's of the trails included?

mtbr member
    Well, as far as I know those trails and all the others are open. The orange tape was still up. The BC Bike race includes some of the best trails but you can get better rides without quite so much time on the logging roads. You will still climb a lot but more directly. Don't forget to head to Forbidden Plateau as well. Some amazing trails there and it is different from Cumberland. I don't know anything about GPX but I do know they exist.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    I had a close look at the BCBR map and some of my favourites are there but some are missing as well. They definitely route the climbs the long way around instead of easier mor direct routes. Also, if I'm doing all that climbing I'm coming down Race Rocks, Trent River Canyon, then Thirsty Beaver. They have skipped the more demanding trails, I'm sure for good reason. You don't want riders getting hurt when they are on trails maybe a little over there heads, while pretty exhausted. It's not like they are taking breaks at the top. If you are a reasonably skill rider you can have a good time on all except for the real DH type stuff. If you want recommendations ask here or Dodge City Cycles, where you can also get a map.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

mtbr member
    I consider myself an intermediate XC rider. I like to climb because I know the pay off is coming. I do like tech and flowy DH but prefer to skip drops over 24 inches, 61cm, and rarely get much in the way of air. I have seen the videos with the teeter-totters and they look fun but since we don't have much of anything like that in So California I will likely ride around.

I will likely only get one trail day and will do a road ride with the wife and some hiking with her also.

I hope to rent a bike from Dodge City and will pick up a trail map and recommendations of where to ride from there also. Will likely have to ride from the bike shop as not sure the rental car will hold a mtn bike.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    You are coming to the right place. Rent from Dodge City and ride to the trail head in 1 minute. You shouldn't have to "drop" anything if you stay off the DH trails. I can throw together a good ride with detailed instructions or maybe show you around. PM me your date/time when you know. My buddies and I are out on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I'm retired so every day is Saturday for me.
    Formerly Travis Bickle