Clear-Cut Logging in Kananaskis - MEETING TONIGHT-June, 15 2006- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

No good Clear-Cut Logging in Kananaskis - MEETING TONIGHT-June, 15 2006

Please pass this on to whomever you think it's interested.

Thanks and see you there!

There is a proposal in place to clear-cut log a large portion of West Bragg Creek/Kananaskis, and to use Highway 66 as the logging road. Proposed logging areas will impact many of the commonly used recreational trails. There is an open-house style meeting on this issue tonight at 8:00 in Bragg Creek. Come out and show your support in opposing this extensive logging.

See the link below for more information about the proposal, and full details about the meeting.

www.braggcreek.ca/forest
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I am working up in Northern Alberta and won't be able to make the meeting. I really wish I could be there. West Bragg and Kananaskis are too valuable not to protect. These areas are our closest hiking and biking trails outside of Calgary. I first read this proposal on Bowcycle's website the yesterday and couldn't believe it.

Post up what happens at the meeting, if you get a chance.

Nov 2005
    I have already addressed this topic on a different forum. Here are my views of the whole scenario.
    http://vpfree.pinkbike.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=128149

To add to what I have already stated, the trail systems were spared in my area, even the freeride stunts in the trees. The loggers left the trees and stunts alone and kept the XC and hiking trails clean and clear, I hope that can be done in the Bragg Creek area as well. (if it happens)
    Last edited by MknzBikR; 06-15-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0