Chilco/Chilcotin area trails?- Mtbr.com
    Don't worry, be happy!

Chilco/Chilcotin area trails?

Hey all, hubby is a white water fanatic and it looks like we are headed to BC early sept. It's easy enough to toss my bike on the trailer: thumbsup: so I am looking for some fun trails to entertain myself on if I'm not boating every day.

The itinerary looks something like this, I am afraid I don't have more exact locations but I am sure you locals know what would be what

Sat 9/4 Thompson & Drive
    Sun 9/5 Chilko day run
    Mon 9/6 Chilko day run
    Tues 9/7 Chilcotin
    Wed 9/8 Chilcotin
    Thurs 9/9 Chilcotin
    Fri 9/10 Takeout on Fraser and drive home.

any ideas? I'm an xc rider, good 5/5 trail bike, don't mind a little climbing, nothing epic as I may be a shuttle driver for the boaters, too....

~formica

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Chilko is a lake. Chilko is also a river in the Williams Lk area. Chilcotin is also just a big area. I still have no real idea what and where you are. Its a big area. You're not exactly giving good information
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Don't worry, be happy!
    You are probably right. I'll try and figure out what sections (put in, take out) of the Thompson and Chilco rivers we'll be running and that will really narrow it down for you. Sorry about that!! As for Chilcotin, we are spending three days two nights on a river by that name, bike will be locked in a vehicle for that part of the trip.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Those areas are quite remote, so I'm not too sure about any biking that would be nearby. However, there are a lot of trails in and around Williams Lake. The local shop there is Red Shreds, which does bikes, kayaks, and other outdoors type stuff. Hit them up for a trail map.

If you're doing the Thompson on the way up, you'll probably be in the Lytton area. I don't know anything about the trails in that general area, but maybe someone here does.

mtbr member
    www.puddlebike.com for maps and info on trails around Williams Lake.

Members who have read this thread: 0