cancer- Mtbr.com

Thread: cancer

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

cancer

Why does cancer appear in some places more frequently than others? For example, people get tumors in their lungs, bladder, stomach, intestines, brain, breasts,and other organs but you never see anyone developing cancer on their fingers, feet, thighs, etc... Cancer is suppose to be able to develop on any tissue in the body so why does it appear more frequently in certain areas? Can someone please explain this to me, I really want to know.
    Last edited by charlottex; 05-29-2010 at 03:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    maybe you should not limit your response to Western Canada?

good luck!

Double-metric mtb man
    When it matastisises (my spelling sux), the cells are carried to the most concentrated areas of smaller blood vessels that get the most blood flow. Lungs, brain, liver, kidneys etc. are prime sites due to the blood flow and small vessels. These may not be the original sites, but it is where we find them.

Also, more toxics (and a higher possibility of tumour development) are found in organs like the lungs, liver, bladder, kidneys etc.

I know some cancers have a genetic component, but for the others, it's based on what gets the "nasties" most and where cancer cells can lodge and grow.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by charlottex
    Why does cancer appear in some places more frequently than others? For example, people get tumors in their lungs, bladder, stomach, intestines, brain, breasts,and other organs but you never see anyone developing cancer on their fingers, feet, thighs, etc... Cancer is suppose to be able to develop on any tissue in the body so why does it appear more frequently in certain areas? Can someone please explain this to me, I really want to know.

People get cancer everywhere....try goggle images...

hellish disease....

If they knew the answer to the questions of how when why, it would be a more treatable disease.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    cancer is just mutated cells. I would think that the areas you listed have more ability to mutate than the places you didn't list.

my dads brain tumor we will never know why it happened. but more than likely exposure to chemicals.

my wifes thyroid cancer is a mystery to us. Her mom had thyroid issues but not cancer.

Some is exposure, some is heradity and some is just shetty luck.

tim

Members who have read this thread: 0