Camping spots near the North Shore?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Camping spots near the North Shore?

I was planning a trip up to Seymour-Frome areas and it looks like car camping is hard to come by in the area, due to cities and regulation. Funny, I never thought of BC as a hard place to find a camp spot. Also want to work my way up to Whistler area. Any suggestions on places to car camp near these areas? Thanks.

ups and downs
    The only legit campground that includes tenting in North Vancouver is the Capilano RV Park near the Lion's Gate bridge. You want to find a cousin or uncle that lives there and pitch a tent in their back yard (assuming the drainage is well thought out).

Then you could camp at Alice Lake just north of Squamish and have kilometres of trails right at hand.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    You can so some stealth dirtbagging in a few spots in North Vancouver, especially down towards Deep Cove. Little Cates, Strathcona, and right in the Cove over by the parking lot on the hill have all worked out OK for me before. You may get woken up early by the cops, and don't be very trusting with your gear. Theft is skyhigh around Vancouver, no matter how nice the neighborhood looks.

Porteau Cove is the closest legit park campground to the North Shore. About 35 minutes up the 99 towards Squamish.

Members who have read this thread: 0