Camping in Bragg Creek and Canmore- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Camping in Bragg Creek and Canmore

I am planning on spending a week or so between Bragg Creek and Canmore, I will be camping (I have a tent trailer). So I am interested in where the best camping is. I plan on spending a few days in Bragg Creek, then moving to the Canmore area. OR should I set up around Canmore and just take day trips to Jumping Pound Ridge and the Kananaskis Valley? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    I will be in the area in early July.

mtbr member
    it might be best to stay in canmore and making the day trips. Jumpingpound is 30min tops from canmore. what trails are you planing on riding? where are you coming from?
    It's go time

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Logistically camping at Bow Valley Provincial Park might make sense to access a variety of rides, trouble is, that campground and the 2 closer to Canmore are all nearish to the highway. Never stayed at them myself (I just sleep at home in my bed!) but they wouldn't meet my criteria for super-duper car camping. Nice enough sites, just fairly close to the highway. There are some great sites further down in Kananaskis and the Spray Valley, but then you're getting farther away from many of the good rides, and farther away from grocery stores, pubs, urban chic, blah blah.

It's a full hour drive from Canmore to Bragg Cr. so check and see what rides you want to do and where the best access to them is.

have fun!

Shuttles R 4 Pussies
    I'd spend at least a couple of days at the Little Elbow Campground, west of Bragg Creek. There are some great rides you can access from there. MAP

Here's a link to the campgrounds in the Elbow River area west of Bragg Creek.
    Screw the shuttle, I'm riding to the top. You're all worthless and weak!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Paddy's flats and beaver flats West of Bragg Creek are close to a lot of trail heads and are great campgrounds, close to the river for a refreshing post ride dip!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What kind of rides are you looking for? Freeride, XC, epics???

Both areas have both riding, but I'd Moose Mountain (Bragg Creek) has more freeride than Canmore. Canmore/Kananaskis has more xc and epics.

Do you know which trails you want to ride on your trip?

Members who have read this thread: 0