Campbell River BC - Where are the trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New question here. Campbell River BC - Where are the trails?

HI,

We are headed to Campbell river for a week and want to know if someone has some trail maps of the area or any good riding suggestions?

Basically XC type trails, nothing to techincal.

If anyone wants to take me for a ride, that would be cool too! I am there Sept 6 to 12th.

thx!

Mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Good timing! Sept 6th is Campbell River's annual 56K mtb/run challenge event. If you turn up at the PRT tree nursery (see link for directions and course map) shortly after noon, you can get a load of info on the trails and watch the winners come in as well.

Snowden Forest has about 80K (and growing) of excellent singletrack XC/AM trails. Unfortunately, an accurate GPS map won't be out for a few months. The good news for you is that Sept 7th is being offered as a free guided trail ride day. The trail festival starts at 9am.

http://cr50k.com/index.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Good timing! Sept 6th is Campbell River's annual 56K mtb/run challenge event. If you turn up at the PRT tree nursery (see link for directions and course map) shortly after noon, you can get a load of info on the trails and watch the winners come in as well.

Snowden Forest has about 80K (and growing) of excellent singletrack XC/AM trails. Unfortunately, an accurate GPS map won't be out for a few months. The good news for you is that Sept 7th is being offered as a free guided trail ride day. The trail festival starts at 9am.

http://cr50k.com/index.html
    WOW, very cool! Pretty sure we will be there!
    Last edited by deadwrong666; 08-31-2009 at 01:29 PM.

mtbr member
    The trails in Campbell River are sweet. Full on technical good times....go to www.cvmtb.com for a map. The 50k is a great race...I'll be there as well. Look for me in the old green VW. If you're in CR for a week, I'd also try and get down to the Comox Valley. If you make it down PM me and I'll show you the good stuff.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Preroll
    The trails in Campbell River are sweet. Full on technical good times....go to www.cvmtb.com for a map. The 50k is a great race...I'll be there as well. Look for me in the old green VW. If you're in CR for a week, I'd also try and get down to the Comox Valley. If you make it down PM me and I'll show you the good stuff.
    I just may take you up on that!

Mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    OK, here's a basic map of most of the Snowden Forest trails that was, I have to admit, put together by the local trail runners. Drive up via John Hart dam, not Duncan Bay Road.

http://homepage.mac.com/cr_webspace/snowden-map.pdf

Campbell River has other smaller systems including, the Beaver Lodge trails (generally easy), Pumphouse (fun and linked to Snowden), and the new steep technical trail system on Menzies Mountain just north of town. Awesome stuff half an hour south on Forbidden and Cumberland trails too as Preroll says.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'd like to say thanks to Goldfinger and his crew for taking me through the trails of Campbell river... I did Cumberland that week and Forbidden Plateau, but CAmpbell River was definitely my favorite. Highly recommend it....very beautiful in there. All types of riding for all skill types.

We attended the Sept 7 free trail ride and the people were just awesome, I hope to go again next year.

Mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks Deadwrong. Here's a link to a video of that weekend's race.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Thanks Deadwrong. Here's a link to a video of that weekend's race.

Very good! Wish I could go back there tommorrow....

Members who have read this thread: 0