Bike Online Dealer- Mtbr.com

Mar 2009

Bike Online Dealer

Hi, i am a german, who will visit Canada for one year, starting in may.
    i want to buy a freerider in ca, so i search for canadian online bike dealers.

thanks for help...

Off the back...
    Welcome! There are very few online bike dealers in Canada. You may be able to get a bike shipped to you in Canada from a large bike store such as Bow Cycle or Calgary Cycle. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get bikes and parts is usually from the UK - Chain Reaction Cycle is a good one. No VAT - very fast shipping.

There's no app for this.

I don't know of any

on line dealers in Canada. there are shops that have websites that sell at MSRP, the full price.

If you know what part of Canada you're going to, we might be able to point you at a shop with good prices and bikes.

If it's Vancouver area, there is no shortage of stores selling FR bikes.

You could look at www.nsmb.com, or www.pinkbike.com for used FR bikes, but make sure the seller is in the area you're travelling to.

Canada is about 5,000 Km wide, or about 20+ times wider than Germany. We need to know more about your plans before offering advice

cheers, Jim

Mar 2009
    i will go to whistler, where i hope to find a job.
    i am planning to buy the bike in whistler. but i would like to have a overview of offering in CA.

mtbr member
    Hi,
    Most bike brands don't allow their product to be sold online in Canada. Unlike the 10x larger market in the States, the Canadian Market is small enough that there are no shops able to get away with discounting online (operating under the radar) - In Canada online discounters get blacklisted and suppliers stop selling to them. This is how I can stay in business and why, although about 30% of independant shops have shut down in Canada over the last decade, at least some shops can keep their doors open. Some suppliers also don't allow for shops to advertise below MSRP on their websites.

There's no app for this.

OK here are a few

shops that you can check. Some offer prices on line so you'll know what to expect. Others you will have to email.

In Vancouver & area, check simonsbikes.com, steedcycles.com, johnhenrybikes.com, covebike.ca. There are lots more.

In Whistler, you can check http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...whistler&meta=

In Whistler you can rent FR bikes, which can be a lot cheaper than buying, but you may want to buy and take it back to Germany?

good luck, and for what it's worth, housing in whistler is extremely difficult and expensive, research that well BEFORE you get here. and the impending winter Olympics for 2010 are putting even more pressure on housing even now.

Good luck, Jim

ups and downs
    and Different Bikes on the North Shore at the base of Mt.Seymour.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

There's no app for this.

of course!

Having owned a Vtach, I should know better, my bad. Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0