Best trail near Vancouver, local advice needed!- Mtbr.com
    MFC

Mar 2004

Best trail near Vancouver, local advice needed!

If you had could ride one trail, near Vancouver which one would it be? I will be in town for 2 days, but can only ride one day. I need a trail not too far from town, and unfortunalty I dont have time to go up to Whistler. Since I am so limited in time, I would like to sample the best technical stuff you have to offer. So which "classic" should I hit?

If this helps narrow it down, I will be riding a 5x5 Titus Moto-lite, not my DH rig. But I can handle pretty technical stuff on it.

Thanks!

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MFC
    If you had could ride one trail, near Vancouver which one would it be? I will be in town for 2 days, but can only ride one day. I need a trail not too far from town, and unfortunalty I dont have time to go up to Whistler. Since I am so limited in time, I would like to sample the best technical stuff you have to offer. So which "classic" should I hit?

If this helps narrow it down, I will be riding a 5x5 Titus Moto-lite, not my DH rig. But I can handle pretty technical stuff on it.

Thanks!
    Opinions will vary wildly on this. My suggestion would be CBC/Corkscrew/Pingu on Seymour - you could do it easily on a 5 and 5 trailbike.

Check out www.gutsploder.com, trailpeak.com and nsmb.com for more trail descriptions...

Just roll it......

I agree with Gazz.

You could shuttle Seymour and do that loop he described on a 5x5 bike without too many issues. Take the huckwagon up (they shuttle every 45 minutes and it's ~$7 on weekends) and leave your car at the Old Buck Parking lot.

If you don't mind climbing, you could ride Mt. Fromme and do Upper Oil Can and then loop back up and do 7th Secret. Then, cross the road and hit Espresso, then take a right on Baden Powell and go down lower Crippler. A buddy does this same loop on his 5 Spot with me without too many issues (he's not doing some of the optional lines).

A couple of recommendations. I don't care how solid of a rider you are.....bring flats, pads and a FF helmet and drop the saddle at the top of any trail. It seems really obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people don't and end up going over their bars. You're going to crash or need to dab or hop off a log and, when you do, you'll be glad you were prepared.

Cheers,
    EB

MFC

Mar 2004
    Thanks for the recommendation guys, that trail looks awesome. I'm really glad its a shuttle run too, perfect.

Good advice too about what gear to bring. I'm a pretty decent technical rider after racing expert level DH for years. I'll definitely bring my gear. I might have to extend my trip another day or week!

If you guys are ever in Phoenix, shoot me an email and I'll return the favor.