Best places to stay in Whistler ?- Mtbr.com
    Portland, OR

Best places to stay in Whistler ?

So yea...I'm planning a trip up to whistler, and I want to know what are some of the best hotels. keep in mind that i'll be bringing my bike up, so I need a hotel thats cool about kepping my bikes in the room, and not some storage closette thing. In your opinion, whare are some good places to stay ?

thanks much
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Mar 2006
    What's your budget like? I usually do the hostel thing for a cheapo $20-30/night, and lock my bike up in their storage room. Doubt you'll find any place that allows bikes inside their rooms, just because of dirt and hallway/stairwell/wall abuse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    well how are long are planning to stay for? Various hotels and condos may have different policies regarding keeping bikes in rooms. However here in whistler people take there bikes seriously! So even leaving them in a hotels storage room locked up is considered very safe.

Just to name a few hotels......

Pinnacle International Hotel
    Delta Suites
    Holiday Inn
    Pan Pacific Hotel
    Hilton
    Westin
    Whistler Suites
    Best Western
    Coast Suites
    Crystal Lodge
    Fairmont Hotel

plus many more
    If your looking for more budget...there is HI hostel on the other side of the lake
    Southside hostel
    Boot Pub will be closed by the time summer rolls around

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by skihillguy
    well how are long are planning to stay for? Various hotels and condos may have different policies regarding keeping bikes in rooms. However here in whistler people take there bikes seriously! So even leaving them in a hotels storage room locked up is considered very safe.

Just to name a few hotels......

Pinnacle International Hotel
    Delta Suites
    Holiday Inn
    Pan Pacific Hotel
    Hilton
    Westin
    Whistler Suites
    Best Western
    Coast Suites
    Crystal Lodge
    Fairmont Hotel

plus many more
    If your looking for more budget...there is HI hostel on the other side of the lake
    Southside hostel
    Boot Pub will be closed by the time summer rolls around
    well out of those hotels, wich one is closest to the bike park ? I kinda want something withen riding distance ya know. so then other people can use the car instead of being stuck in the hotel.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    they are all within riding and walking distanmce of the bike park!
    Whistyler is built right at the base of 2 beautiful mtns. And i'm not gonna go measure walking distance to the lifts for you. No need to hop in the car at all in whistler

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frmf
    What's your budget like? I usually do the hostel thing for a cheapo $20-30/night, and lock my bike up in their storage room. Doubt you'll find any place that allows bikes inside their rooms, just because of dirt and hallway/stairwell/wall abuse.
    do not trust the bike storage places, numerous theifs happen at those. get a place without a front desk so you can take your bike in your room. alot of bikes are stolen up there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I tend to disagree with the above poster. If you lock your bike in a hotel bike storage then it will be safe.
    What is not safe is when people leave there bikes laying around the village unattended for even a few moments.
    But there is a possibility that there will be a bait bike program in effect this year. I gather the rcmp is looking at that possibility.

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006

God must have been thinking of me when he decided my favourite brother would move up to Whistler...

Because of this I don't have any accomodation issues (just time and travel issues) and I could ask him where the bike friendly accomodations are since he is in the hotel / hospitality industry and seems to knows everyone.

I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

Members who have read this thread: 0