Beowulf -Silverstar- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    606

    Beowulf -Silverstar

    My wife and I are going to Kelowna and I am hoping to ride this trail; however, the Silverstar website suggest that this trail should not be ridden alone.

    has anyone ridden it yet? If so would you ride it by yourself.

    i will regularly ride alone in Bragg Creek, and I am generally a conservative rider, but I recognize stuff happens and Beowulf has no cell service.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,762
    I rode Beowulf last year. I ride regularly, solo and wouldn't hesitate to do it alone. I think they are just covering their butts, especially since they get lots of tourist traffic that might decide to give it a try. They also rate is black, but that's only from a fitness perspective. It's 100% machine build. Not a rock, root or technical challenge in sight, though still has lots of fun flowy stuff.

    It's also a 'credit ride' since Silverstar is a mid/high mountain resort. So you climb 25% up, then descend all the way down, then have to climb the other 75% back up to the resort. So I think that is another reason they make it precautionary, again to avoid casual people giving it a shot, ending up at the bottom, out contact and too dead to climb back up.
    Straight outta Rossland

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    606
    Thanks, this was what I was thinking based on the videos that I found on the net
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

Similar Threads

  1. Fernie or Silverstar?
    By rocks'r'friends in forum Western Canada
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.