BC North Shore- Mtbr.com

Thread: BC North Shore

Young Downhill Biker

BC North Shore

I'll be moving down to vancouver soon and i'm just wondering is the an bus service going up to the North Shore for mountain biking? My famlily has a car but my parents won't be able drive me up everyday or whenever i want and i want to be able to go up there when ever depending on bus's if there is any. The reason i ask is I've talked to lots of people and they say that there is a bus/shuttle server but i can't find anything to suport that on the web. So if there is can someone please tell me as i don't want to go out and buy and 2-3k freeride mountain bike and then have no way to get up to ride the trails. Thanks

ups and downs
    It depends which bus route you're on, but many buses have bike racks, especially on the North Shore, and you can get bikes onto the last car of the skytrain and onto the seasbus

http://www.translink.ca/en/Cycling/B...n-Transit.aspx
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Young Downhill Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    It depends which bus route you're on, but many buses have bike racks, especially on the North Shore, and you can get bikes onto the last car of the skytrain and onto the seasbus

http://www.translink.ca/en/Cycling/B...n-Transit.aspx
    Ok, do the buses go far enough up tho so that I could acess the North Shore trails? maybe not from the top but far enough so i spend more time biking then taking the bus. lol

ups and downs
    Fromme is all pedal shuttle up anyway, so the buses get you within a few blocks of the top of the paved section of Mountain Highway before you have to pedal the final 400-450m to the higher trail heads. Figure 45-60 minutes riding up and 20-30 minutes down.

Buses can get you near the base of Mt.Seymour, then unless you're using one of the shuttle truck options from there in the summer, you have a 350m ride up Old Buck Trail and across the power line to get to the lower trails, or another 200m of climbing to get to the upper trail entrances.

Depending where you live, Burnaby Mountain near Burnaby and Port Moody, or Eagle Ridge/Burke Mountain near Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam will be closer, but still lots of uphill riding.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Members who have read this thread: 0