BC Bike Race ?- Mtbr.com

Thread: BC Bike Race ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

BC Bike Race ?

Looking for some information on the BC Bike Race - the 7 day stage event in June. See info at the website BCbikerace.com. Seems expensive...but impressive. Looking for some feedback from riders from the area or someone that has done it before.

commutin' Canuck
    Apr 2005
    The guys from my club who did it last year raved about it. Stolen from a blog:

This race is a true mountain bike race moreso than any I've done. This can't be won on pure aerobic capacity alone, you need to be able to ride a mountain bike nimbly on challenging terrain. Regardless of anyone's finishing position, we all feel like we've come out of this a better mountain biker. Smoother, faster, and able to ride more difficult terrain without hesitation. I love it. There's no better singletrack experience I've had packed into 7 days of riding than this event.

And this is a guy who's done a ton of these types of races.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    WOW! Impressive comments, thanks. Given I am a flatlander (Midwest) and also not a hardcore racer, this may be more than I am looking for. Sounds like something you work up to vs. start out with.

ups and downs
    They have BC Bike Race Challenge which is the "lite" version that is only 30km per day for 7 days, instead of 60km/day.

http://www.bcbikerace.com/Race_Info/Epic-or-Challenge/
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Members who have read this thread: 0