B.C Vacation- Mtbr.com

Thread: B.C Vacation

mtbr member
    May 2019

B.C Vacation

I've got 8 days coming up that I'm going to spend somewhere in B.C with only a DH bike. The coast\whistler is just too far of a drive for me, Sun peaks\Silverstar are already 20 hours and that is about as far as I'm willing to go, coming from the east.

Splitting the time between Golden\Panorama is the shortest driving distance so that adds 1-2 days more riding time for me.

Sun peaks is the park I wanna visit the most due to the steep techy stuff but I'm not sure if its worth the extra drive, 20 hours is quite a bit longer than 16 hours. 16 I can do no problem in one go, 20 id probably want to sleep and I cannot sleep in my car so that leaves calgary as the last "cheap" place to get a hotel room. So its 8 hours of driving on 2 day to get to sun peaks. Instead of already riding in kicking horse\panorama.

Fernie is out because of 1 chair and honestly so is the pilgrimage to whistler not just because of the drive but also because of crankworx going on at the same time.

I'll take other suggestions as well, I plan on camping if that makes any sort of a difference.

Help me!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I was going to suggest revelstoke, but then I looked at the ski hill website and note they only have a couple of runs.

If you have a good budget, you could always consider a heli-drop in rev at my. Cartier. See the wandering wheels website for more info.

Revy is about 2hrs past golden
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Would you consider driving for a while, having a nap, then driving and repeating to avoid taking a hotel room in Calgary. Id imagine you will find cheaper accommodation in golden that you would in pano - but look at vrbo and air b&b.

Golden is about three hours from Calgary driving. Pano is about 3.45 by the time you take the road from invermere to pano. The road is narrower and winds so you will want to be alert.

You would also want to time everything so you could check in right when you got to your destination.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    There is a shit ton of cheap accom along the whole highway. Golden has a bunch, Revy also. Do Sun Peaks for sure. It is sick. Harper mountain in Kamloops is also good but not as steep. You can shuttle there.

Mt 7 in Golden is also an amazing place to shuttle. Probably more fun than kicking horse.