Anyone from Revelstoke?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone from Revelstoke?

Just a shout out to see who's near me?

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Salmon Arm. Are your trails clear at all yet?

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I grew up there. My folks still live there so I get back and ride all the time.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    Salmon Arm. Are your trails clear at all yet?
    Just the ones in town McPherson is still skiing

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Yeah, Rubberhead has only the lower stuff open.
    MchPherson is one of my favorite places to ride. I always have plans but never seem to get there enough. When you live in the small towns you seem to get resistant to drive anywhere. I live an hour from you and it seems like a long way. My friends in the lower mainland drive at least an hour for any ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    I grew up there. My folks still live there so I get back and ride all the time.
    Word on the street is that you guys bought a van? Your not turning into a hippie are you? You could always paint a KISS mural on the side of it.

mtbr member
    When we moved here, thought about moving to Salmon Arm. But then I got a bike LOL Do like the locals do, right? Well now like you say, I dont want to load the bike and drive. Just out my door and across the st for trails. LOL. Well, I still load up to go to McPherson. but the paved hill sux LOL

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
    When we moved here, thought about moving to Salmon Arm. But then I got a bike LOL Do like the locals do, right? Well now like you say, I dont want to load the bike and drive. Just out my door and across the st for trails. LOL. Well, I still load up to go to McPherson. but the paved hill sux LOL
    Drive out?

But then you miss the best descent at McPherson. The bottom third of Tantrum is my absolute favorite trail there. Definitely worth the road ride in my opinion.

My normal route when I am in town is to climb Flow down, hit some of the beaver lake trails, then hit the begbie creek trails and them back to main parking lot and make my way back on down Tantrum.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    I dib't always drive out. Sometimes I'll drive to lot, then do beaver trails and flowdown down to town. then take the wifes truck up to get mine LOL. Only ever gone up tantrum, not down yet. This year tho. Gotta remember, last year was my first year riding and was on a 29er HT! now got a 26 stumpy so I should be much better on the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Drive out?

But then you miss the best descent at McPherson. The bottom third of Tantrum is my absolute favorite trail there. Definitely worth the road ride in my opinion.

My normal route when I am in town is to climb Flow down, hit some of the beaver lake trails, then hit the begbie creek trails and them back to main parking lot and make my way back on down Tantrum.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Is Skookum putting on a race this year at Mcpherson?

mtbr member
    Not sure but I'll try to remember to ask next week. I'm sure I'll be in there like 8 times a day like usual on days off lol