Any saskatchewan riders?- Mtbr.com

Apr 2005

Any saskatchewan riders?

Hey, I was just wondering how many members were from Saskatchewan. So if you do live in the 'Land Of The Living Skies' let me know. Maybe we can hook up this summer and get some riding in!

mtbr member

Used to be

I'm from Saskatoon but live in Winnipeg and I'm moving to Edmonton this summer. I have done some riding in Sask, especially Saskatoon. Where are you?
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Apr 2005
    yeah, Im an hour north-east of Saskatoon in humboldt. Its hard finding anythinmg around here. Theres an old beat up MX track here, and anything esle we can build.

Feb 2005
    I'm in S'toon. The trails are drying up pretty good, Meewasin trails are in decent condition. What do you ride?

Apr 2005
    I just got out of bmx, but I still dirt jump, I like riding trails and any downhilling I can find around here(which isnt much). This summer Im building some right nice trails on my dads land he owns. I also have access to a front end load tractor, so some dirt dirt jumps are going to be up soon. I ride a Giant Warp ds1. What do you have for a bike and where'd you buy it?

Feb 2005
    My new bike just came in 2 weeks ago, it's a Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper FSR 120...ordered it from Doug's. I also have an '04 Bighit Expert (also bought from Doug's) and my old Stumpjumper that I use in the winter and to commute to work everyday.

Apr 2005
    Alright. I just about bought a bike at dougs. I was looking at a kona, but decided it would be best to buy local in humboldt here so im ot running to the city for parts all the time.

Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Papes
    Hey, I was just wondering how many members were from Saskatchewan. So if you do live in the 'Land Of The Living Skies' let me know. Maybe we can hook up this summer and get some riding in!
    Yup, I am from Saskatchewan. I found real good technical singletrack in Ontario (where I live now). If you are ever out this way I will take you for a ride!

wpg then, van now
    Hey,
    Same here, was in Wpg, but now in Edmonton. I was talking to a guy from Humboldt the other day, apparently there are trails to ride in the valley due west of town? I'll find out more - and let you know next time I'm out there - we can go for a rip.

Apr 2005
    Yeah, if any of you guys wanna go rippin, just leave me a pm and we'll have to hook up.
    Where abouts are those trails you heard about wpgrider? ill send you a pm

Apr 2005
    I'm also from Humboldt. Moved here early last summer for a job, riding is not quite the same as in and around S'toon. I honestly miss the area. However, make the best of what we got and go from there. I've never seen a warp around town, mind you I've seen very few people over the age of 10 around town. I'm usually out and about riding an 03 Balfa 2Step, however, my AS-X should be arriving soon. Let me know of any places around here to ride, I really don't know the area all that well..

Apr 2005
    theres some trails west of town in the dixon area. Check your inbox for a pm

SpitFire Pilot
    I'm in Saskatchewan, and I fantisize about downhilling. I'm planing to build/make/cut some drops and jumps here in the spring...I'll finally make this place cool. (even if I might be too chicken try some of the drops myself)

-PB

Sep 2004
    hey sk. people,
    im from prince albert and have dusted off my bike for a new year of riding.

Jun 2006

originally from Humboldt, now in Saskatoon

Hey there guys,

I'm in Saskatoon now, and ride quite regularly with a group from one of the local shops. The trails in and around the riverbank in this city are excellent, as far as I can tell from everything I have ever ridden.

In and around Humboldt, Dixon is about the only area where there is anything interesting. They're actually cross country ski trails, so they adapt nicely to mountain biking... although, they are not really that long, so you may have to do a lap or 2 to get a real good workout.

In Saskatoon, you can't really go wrong in 3 areas. North of Circle Drive bridge on the east side of the river (called either Preston Trails, or Sutherland beach). On the West side, north of that little park along Spadina (up around Pinehouse drive)... and the Diefenbaker trails on the east side (south of where Labatt's used to be)...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey Floyd, fancy meeting you here.

I'm in Saskatoon too, and I'm in the middle of choosing which bike to buy to replace my bent old Rockhopper. Hopefully there will still be plenty of riding before classes start again.

Oct 2006

Used to be also

I still ride in good ol' SK, in the Cypress Hills, anybody been there? I'm sure it's the closest to BC you can get, not long trails but some pretty good XC stuff and the Trans Canada Trail has a nice little section there too, very pretty and challenging.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I've often wondered what the riding in the Cypress Hills would be like. Obviously the potential is limitless, there just needs to be group of riders willing to make some trails.

Regina rider myself. Supprisingly there is some good riding around here if you are willing to drive for a bit. Wascana Trails are OK, some fun stuff, but the areas is quite small. Great place for XC racing though as there are enough trails for a 10km lap. Buffalo Pound is fabulous, never met anyone who has ridden there that did not LOVE it. Pasqua (Ricks Trails) are mindblowing. Not very well known, you have to go with someone who knows the loop. The loop is great, some of the most technical XC trails I have ever ridden.

mtbr member
    I was up in Cypress Hills a few weeks ago and had the bike with me. If you go by the existing park maps and the info at the park office, your only options are the Trans Canada trail, a few paved roads, and some paved walking paths. I ignored what they were telling me and did a bit of searching around. Didn't take me long to find a couple of old horse trails. They weren't too badly beat up and actually made for some interesting riding. The Trans Canada trail also runs thru the park. For the most part its just a wide swath cut thru the forest designed as xc ski trail so it dosent really count as single track but is cuts right thru the center and seems to intersect everything so it makes a good connecter. I also came across some game trails that were well packed. Most of these were ridable, some of these petered out when they got into the bush but a few of them looped around and intersected either the Trans Canada or the commercial horse trails. In total I spent about 4 hours poking around riding both trails and paved roads and was able to make a loop from the main trail office to the highest point of the park and back. If I had more time I would have explored a few of the old 4x4 roads that ringed the farmland around the park itself. I figure that if you were able to link all the stuff that i found up with the existing 4x4 trails and cattle trails, there would be a couple of days worth of riding.

Oct 2006
    Hi Lane,
    I gather by your reply that you didn't ride the Trans Canada from the Park entrance to the north end of the cottage subdivision. I usually ride to the entrance and have to dismount for some sections. There are some lung-busting climbs and it's pure single track all the way.
    Many other trails branch off the paved campground trails and although they're not long,
    they're interesting and even some jumps and ladders are to be found although Conservation
    Officers tend to frown on such apparati and destroy same. It really is a great place to ride
    although there is a lot of deadfall lately that is insurmountable and maintenance is non-existent. As I am a cottager, next year I'm taking my chainsaw and will clear some of
    that stuff-all in the interest of flow you know.

mtbr member
    didn't make it to the other side of the cottages, not enough time unfortunately. The bulk of the trans canada was closed while I was there due to fire hazard. I poked around on it here and there and used it as a connecter but that was the extent of it. Next time, next time.......

Feb 2006
    Oryx Spitfire 99, and I love S'toon !

Double-metric mtb man
    he he he...yeah, 'toon town is cool. I was there and Humboldt a couple weeks ago. Greetings from a travelling Albertan
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me