Any mtn resorts that have good road biking aswell?- Mtbr.com
    Grip it and rip it.

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Any mtn resorts that have good road biking aswell?

Hi, could anyone help me out here?

Are there any mountain resorts like Whistler or Kicking Horse that would have a good mix of terrain for road biking aswell? (something more than just a huge out and back going down and up a 10 or 15 mile hill). I love my mountain biking and skiing, but i train on the road for mtb racing, so id like to be able to ride on the roads.

I'm soon to be a qualified EMT from Ireland thinking of relocating to Western Canada or somewhere else in the states.

Thanks for any help on this!
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Damitletsride!
    Hi, could anyone help me out here?

Are there any mountain resorts like Whistler or Kicking Horse that would have a good mix of terrain for road biking aswell? (something more than just a huge out and back going down and up a 10 or 15 mile hill). I love my mountain biking and skiing, but i train on the road for mtb racing, so id like to be able to ride on the roads.

I'm soon to be a qualified EMT from Ireland thinking of relocating to Western Canada or somewhere else in the states.

Thanks for any help on this!

All of them sit on many world class road rides, they maybe a bit longer than 15 miles though...

Look up the Golden Triangle for example.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    panorama has fun roads around invermere (loop the lake) or the 15km each way from town to the hill

Golden, (kicking horse, mnt 7) and road ride to lake louise, and up the ice fields parkway toward jasper.

Fernie is flatter for road,
    good ski/bike deals at www.mntlion.com

My life is better than your vacation.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Good road riding in the Okanagan. The towns of Vernon and Penticton have some of the best road riding in BC. Lots of quite country roads and some decently strong local riders. Kelowna has a very strong road community but it is a busier city and the road riding is as good.

Really though you will find that if you move to any BC interior town your road bike will not be used very often. Most places have such a huge selection of trails that you can do your training on your MTB and just use your road bike for recovery rides. Trust me riding the trails here will make you fast.

Members who have read this thread: 0