annual bike 'n' bender, interior BC- Mtbr.com
    conjoinicorned

annual bike 'n' bender, interior BC

hey all,

back from a wicked interior trip, good biking, good golfing and good bud. of course i forgot my camera in the truck for the majority of the rides, but i have a couple pics anyways. we did fernie --> nelson --> rossland --> vernon --> golden. all but the ski hills require a shuttle, which can be purchased in the respective town for an average of 20 bucks a run and worth every penny....

fernie: hey, it's fernie. always nice riding, always sketchy action in town. we did hedonism one day and the ski hill the other. the hill is really well done this year, tons of new stuff and smoooooth riding.

kstar at the ski hill.

nelson: damn dirty hippies. but hey, the home of some excellent BC bud and some stellar riding. this time we shuttled highballer/bedframe/pulmonary...fantastic ride took about 4 hours to get down with some sessioning and stuff. these runs strung together make an amazing nelson ride, highly suggested. wicked logrides and rock faces. fun golf in balfour.

kstar on the drop-in to bedframe, with x-ker looking on

kstar on a skinny

and another

x-ker on a jump

rossland: heres where the camera left me for the trip. rossland has some truly amazing riding and amazing people, thank you rossland.
    we rode oasis/whoop de doop/flume. oasis is a beautiful reallly really long DH style run, smooth and fun. whoop de doop starts off with some great gaps and logrides, followed shortly by some of rosslands signature riding....steeeeeeep. many of you will never experience really steep riding like this, and that makes me sad. flume was my favorite trail of the trip, steeps followed by steepers followed by steep logrides and some steeps.
    some great golfing too.

vernon: hey, the beach is seriously hottie central. i really shouldve remembered the camera for the beach. we rode silverstar, it was very well constructed with berms on damn near every corner. a good hill, but too much smooth a-line stuff for me, was missing logrides and steeps.

golden: oh crap, we were supposed to ride but 10 nights of serious bender action had removed all pretence of safety, and made us all feel our age. we golfed instead, the golden course is beautiful.

sorry for the lack of pics, i wouldn't want to read words either. at least i didn't have any bike shots this time....
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

KAIZEN!
    Looks nice.

Did you do any xc riding anywhere or all downhill stuff? I was thinking about hitting Rossland for some xc as I hear they have some awesome 60+ KM trails!

Might hit Kaslo / New Denver / Ainsworth for some road riding...

Too bad you didn't have the camera for the beach!

Thanks,
    Dean

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Rossland has some amazing riding and not just downhill. www.rosslandtrails.ca
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Sweet trip...looks/sounds like it was fun!

Members who have read this thread: 0