Alberta here I come- Mtbr.com
    Sir Hurt Locker

Alberta here I come

Hey there! I am moving to Cold Lake, AB in November from Ontario. I am trying to find good resources for mountain bike trails in the general area. Cold Lake is 3 hours Northeast of Edmonton for those who have not heard of it. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Cheers,

Seb

conjoinicorned
    ouch, watersports are great around there and so is road/back road touring. i've visited the area a few times, a lot of woods so probably some trails. try the local "bike shop"
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

rides with camera
    I don`t know of any good riding there ......Sorry

I have spent quite a bit of time there but it was always for Maple Flag at 4 wing . We go for the great Jet spotting . Are you in the military ?
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

Sir Hurt Locker
    Yeah, I'm in the CF. I'm being posted to Cold Lake and I want to find some good riding spots. You know of any good riding within driving distance perhaps?
    Cheers,

Seb

rides with camera
    I honestly don`t know of any trails . As Ferday said there`s lot`s of woods and he is right . The only problem is it is , you know "good old boy country" . There are lot`s of the stereotypical Albertan`s there , thus Quadding , horse back riding , hunting , and shooting anything that moves is kinda king there (not that there is anything wrong with those things)

There has to be something though . In my times there I have seen some nice bikes around and with the base being there , I think quite a few of those guys and gals would ride .

Good luck up there
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

Sir Hurt Locker
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I will ask around on the base when I get up there. I am gonna buy a quad up there too so maybe i'll find some singletrack while ripping around on the quad. Any decent riding around Edmonton? Its only 3 hours away so not too bad for a weekend trip.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I will ask around on the base when I get up there. I am gonna buy a quad up there too so maybe i'll find some singletrack while ripping around on the quad. Any decent riding around Edmonton? Its only 3 hours away so not too bad for a weekend trip.
    The Edmonton threads are some of the biggest threads in this section. There is tons of riding in the river valley.

Sir Hurt Locker
    I couldn't really find much doing a search. Could you provide some links?
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Back at the top on the forum page

mtbr member
    May 2008
    There's some riding in Cold Lake. The best spot would be Cold Lake Provincial Park right outside of town. This is pseudo-legitimate single track riding. There are other spots that are supposed to be bike trails (eg. African Lake Bike Trail), but the rednex on quads have ruined basically anything not inside the provincial park, even with the threat of fines from the local bylaw officers.

Members who have read this thread: 0