After Top of the world - which route down ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

After Top of the world - which route down ?

Any help from those that have ridden whistler before greatly appreciated. I'm off to Whistler for first time in 2 weeks. A mate and I have tickets for TOTW and would like to know what route you would take once the TOTW trail ends. Neither of us are big jumpers (bones take too long to heal now) and prefer the more technical gnarly stuff. It looks like we have to take fright train for a bit from what I can see on trail forks but then where to go ? I'd love to take in the natural stuff, rock rolls etc more than the fast sweeping jumps.
    We are there all day so will go back up as many times as time allows. (Only doing TOTW once) f it helps I am hiring a santa cruz v10 as they wouldn't let me hire any other style for the bike park.
    Have been riding North Vancouver and Squamish for last year so happy with anything technical but as I said not a big air person. Many thanks for any help you can provide ☺

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Khyber pass > middle of nowhere > kashmir > kush then over to creekside gondola.

or

ride don't slide down > BC's Trail then creekside gondola.

both of these are not jump trails and should be right up your ally.

mtbr member
    Both of those routes lead out of the bike park, if the plan is to stay in the park itself top of the world-no joke-duffman-mckenzie river-duffman-delboca vista would be a pretty good way to keep with the techy theme of top of the world

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My crew, we dont ride park bro. But TOTW is on our to do list every year. Last year we did the first mentioned divert off to Kyhber, middle of nowhere ending at creekside base. If youve got the energy to go up and ride more park, kudos to you! Year before we did TOTW, Kyhber, Babylon, some other trails, business time/duncans. We were worked after that. End pretty far away too, decent road spin back to village.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Both of those routes lead out of the bike park, if the plan is to stay in the park itself top of the world-no joke-duffman-mckenzie river-duffman-delboca vista would be a pretty good way to keep with the techy theme of top of the world

Yes ideally it would be good to stay within the park. Don't want to lose too much time trying to ride back to the lifts.
    The idea is too have a rough idea where I'm going and not suddenly end up on a high speed jump run with me stuck in the middle lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post

both of these will put you at the base of creekside gondola, you take that up and you are right on freight train. so you are not out of the park, but you are not in the main park. also should be no line for the lift.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 2zmtnz View Post
    both of these will put you at the base of creekside gondola, you take that up and you are right on freight train. so you are not out of the park, but you are not in the main park. also should be no line for the lift.
    Ah .... cool. That sounds good. Having not been there before I assume the creekside lift is covered by the lift pass? Sorry for the stupid question