2009 CMBA Trail Building Days- Mtbr.com
    Off the back...

2009 CMBA Trail Building Days

The CMBA Trail Building Days are sorted out for the season. Here is The List:

• Saturday, May 30
    • Sunday, June 21 - Summer Solstice Tailgate Party!
    • Sunday, July 19
    • Saturday, August 8
    • Saturday, August 22
    • Saturday, September 12

All the Trail Building Days will be based out of Station Flats, and will focus on Sulphur Springs and Tom Snow. There is a ton of work to be done, so we'll need everybody we can get. Details will be posted closer to the actual dates.

We also have Trail Building Nights, starting on the evening of Monday, May 11th and running the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month until further notice. We'll be posting details of meeting places and times in the next couple of weeks. The next few Trail Nights will be May 11th, May 25th, June 8th and June 22nd, so save the dates!

LINKY

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What do we need to bring with us to help out? Tools? Do we walk or ride in? Is there a group ride/shuttle after wards?

I know I'll find out more this weekend in canmore but other will still need to know.

Off the back...
    The general plan for the all-day-long builds will be to meet at Station Flats, get everyone waivered and head out. CMBA will supply the tools and likely stash them close to the work site so that you can easily ride your bike there. At the end of the day you can ride what you built. Sound good?

For the Monday night mini-builds, the spots are quite close to Moose road or Station Flats, so walking or biking in should be feasible. Again, CMBA provides the tools and waivers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Awesome

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Boy you guys are lucky to have so much time to do there trail days, we have to watch the Canucks do what the Flames couldn't and take out Chicago. It's going to be a slow spring for riding.

mtbr member

Trail day - Saturday, May 9th

I hope you don't mind me dropping this into the thread pinkrobe...

This is a c'n'p from another user from the pinkbike boards:

Quote Originally Posted by tgreid (from pinkbike forums)
    I am sure all of you are aware of the new trail Society for Moose Mountain (MMBTS). www.mmbts.com With our new relationship with the SRD, we are fortunate enough to obtain the key to the Moose road, previous to it's scheduled May 15th opening. This provides an amazing op to for a trail day previous to the onslaught of riders hitting the trails. We plan on having our first trail of the year for Saturday May 9th @ 11AM(Ing's mine Plot). An announcement article is to be posted on Pinkbike but will not hit the main page until Tuesday! (Sea otter stuff is eating up home space time) The reason for this email being, that we need to start spreading the word on this to give the community a heads up. If you all could assist with this task that would be much appreciated. Mentioning such on the PinkBike forums, is a great way to get the word out, especially if confirmation from many planning on being in attendance is evident.

BBQ and beers to follow trail love.

For once the trails will get buffed previous to abused.

Hope to see you all next Saturday the 9th!

Off the back...
    No problemo! I'll cross-pollinate the other way...

Off the back...
    Due to lack of a TFA, CMBA has to drop the May 11th trail night. The other trail days are still good to go.

Don't forget to show up for the MMBTS trail day on May 9!

Members who have read this thread: 0