1 week in BC- Mtbr.com

Thread: 1 week in BC

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

1 week in BC

Hey All,

i'm looking for some advice, i'm heading into van next month for a week from Australia and i'm looking for some advice.
    Im bringing my bike and planning to hire a car and ride as much as possible over the 7 days. The problem is that im like a kid in a candy store with to much to ride.
    Im looking for help on putting together an itinerary. Im more of an XC/AM rider than a downhiller. Any help would be great.
    At the moment im looking at north shore, squamish, whistler for a few days and pemby But to be honest i have no idea.

Any help would be great.

ups and downs
    Your best bet for AM/XC riding is to start with 3 days in Squamish where you can put longer Blue intermediate loops together, then Whistler (and maybe Pemberton) for 2-3 days on blue trails and then a day on Fromme or Seymour in North Vancouver once you've got a sense of what trail ratings in BC are like, I wouldn't start in North Van, as it is harder to put long loops together in North Vancouver without having to climb the mountain again between each fairly direct descent.

On a day without traffic accidents on Hwy 99, Squamish is under an hour from North Vancouver, and Whistler is also under an hour from Squamish, so you won't need to budget a lot of travel time between these spots.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Good plan, with only a week don't waist time driving.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ^ I would agree agree with both comments above. I had 6 days in late may of last year and received some excellent advice (also from rockyuphill) when I asked for advice in this older thread (sorry, thanks to photobucket the pictures don't show up anymore).

Given the description you gave, which sounds similar to my type of riding, I would also suggest skipping the North Shore and spending a few days in Squamish and then another day or two in either Whistler or Pemberton.
    I hope you have as much fun as I did. Truly a memorable experience!