What is "zero run-out"?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

What is "zero run-out"?

An MBAction article stated the following: "Stan's aluminum rotor holds zero run-out much better than a steel rotor"

What is "zero run-out" and why is it beneficial?

Carpe Noctem
    Dec 2005
    Runout is a way of describing deviation from straight or flat. basically they're saying it doesn't warp as easily, be it from force or heat.
    Off season? What off season?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I read that article as well. He said his RacerX is 21.5 lbs??? That doesn't seem possible with the components he's got on it. Anyone else find that a little far-fetched?

mtbr member
    Any chance of printing the artical?

I think a 21.5lbs Racer-X is posable, but there would have to be some awefully stupid parts on it and wouldn't really be all that ridable.
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated bullshit.

Driven by watts inside
    It's right here: http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1670

I am also very dubious of the 21.5 lb claim. Must be an XS frame

He's got a F80/100X, Maxm seatpost, Maxm riser bar, XTR cranks, etc. Nothing light enough to get to 21.5 lbs, IMO. Wonder what kind of seat he's running.

- Jeremy -

mtbr member
    Doubt very much that bike is 21.5lbs, not with that setup- obviously they have a dodgy scale for weighing parts- or they are going off "claimed" weights.

The frame does look abit small for the rider. I would sya a small- as in the artical it mentions 4" of travel- Titus do not make an X-Small in the 100mm travel Racer-X.

Also on my weight listing- using a medium frame, you need some pretty crazy weight parts even after the Stans wheelset and rotors are factored in to get the bike below 22.lbs.
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated bullshit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CulBaire
    Doubt very much that bike is 21.5lbs, not with that setup- obviously they have a dodgy scale for weighing parts- or they are going off "claimed" weights.

The frame does look abit small for the rider. I would sya a small- as in the artical it mentions 4" of travel- Titus do not make an X-Small in the 100mm travel Racer-X.

Also on my weight listing- using a medium frame, you need some pretty crazy weight parts even after the Stans wheelset and rotors are factored in to get the bike below 22.lbs.
    I suspect a typo.....should have been 25.1

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Nope, the article says 21.5lbs with Kenda Karmas and 20.7lbs with Kenda Kozmik Lites for cross races. I'm guessing it weighs about 23.5 - 24lbs minimum.

Members who have read this thread: 0