what kind of isis bb should i get- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

what kind of isis bb should i get

what kind of isis bb shouldi get. i as just thinking of geting the fsa platinum pro.
    any other suggestions. what is semi light and semi durable.
    -Michael

mtbr member
    i dont know about durability, as ive yet to use it, but the lightest one i can find is the American Classic. Jenson has it on special order.
    Im just saying..

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    nino have some really light bottombrackets which weight about 110-115grams for road. 68-108mm bsa but i don't remeber what brand it was.

mtbr member
    I've been running FSA Platinum Pro Ti for around a year, though I've read mixed reviews on this b/b I've had no issues,good value as well,lasted longer than my Raceface b/b.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim-
    nino have some really light bottombrackets which weight about 110-115grams for road. 68-108mm bsa but i don't remeber what brand it was.
    i'm not hte lightest rider so i don't know if a road bb would work to well.
    -mpap

Faller - Expert Class

Control Tech

Makes the BB02-SC which is a carbon fiber body with a Scandium axle. Seems like weight starts at 124g. Here's the link.

http://www.controltechbikes.com/products/products.html

Just click on Bottom Brackets at the right of the screen.

Hope this helps!

2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

mtbr member
    scandium axles make me nervous.

Ive been using the Am Classic on my cyclocross bike for a year now, the bearings went bad and Am classic shipped me a new one without issue, its a steel axle and the weight for 113mm is 154 grams.

jeremy

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Im using the Control Tech scandium bottom bracket....i've had no issues with the spindle, but the bearings have worn out too fast. The FSA platinium Ti are pretty solid.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

megaquad

I've been using the FSA Platinum Pro Ti Megaquad for 1 year on my race bike. It is everybit as good as an XT m760 bearing set. Absolutely no problems, runs smooth, tight, and free. Weight, BB alone = 202g, 2X aluminum bolts and steel washers = 20g.

I've always wanted to shave weight in this area, but the thing has been so reliable I just don't see that it is worth the risk for 50g.

I did buy an AmClassic - it felt and installed like such a piece of junk I immediately returned it, but that is just me and maybe it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by mpap89
    what kind of isis bb shouldi get. i as just thinking of geting the fsa platinum pro.
    any other suggestions. what is semi light and semi durable.
    -Michael
    M

SUBLIM8er
    I've got a year on the AC with no problems. I just ordered another for my 29er and it's smoooth. It's inexpensive, steel axled and bearings are replaceable. I found that you do need to follow the tightening specs closely, though. If you don't it won't roll smooth.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Members who have read this thread: 0