Weight of my bike?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Weight of my bike?

Can anybody point me to a website that has stock weights for bikes. I just upgraded from an 04 stumpie HT to an 06 epic and can't find the weight for either online. And no, I don't trust my bathroom scale. The weight feels like a huge difference, though.

mtbr member
    no manufacturer will list a weight b/c you get so many variances in the parts.

best bet would be to go to weightweenies.starbike.com and search for each individual part, avg all the available weights that you have identical, and that'll get you in the ballpark

other than that, bathroom scale

inner peace to make peace
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavisde
    Can anybody point me to a website that has stock weights for bikes. I just upgraded from an 04 stumpie HT to an 06 epic and can't find the weight for either online. And no, I don't trust my bathroom scale. The weight feels like a huge difference, though.
    your '06 epic, i'm guessing 31#. '04 Stumpie HT, i'd guessing was 28#.

my steel hardtail has ranged from 25# to 28.5#, sans accessories (bottle cages, bell, lights, cyclocomputer, reflectors).

take off all the accessories and goto a few LBS...one of them will have a scale.

of buy a digital scale for $60, in this month's Mt.Bike Action magazine's gear review
    “Everyday is a good day,” from the Blue Cliff Records, Yun-men (864-949 AD).

mtbr member
    you can get a digital scale for around $20, try a sporting goods store. look for their fishing scales.

Glad to Be Alive
    mines 43 ...what can I do???]
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0