URGENT - Campagnolo Record Carbon Seatpost- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

URGENT - Campagnolo Record Carbon Seatpost

Hey Guys,

I'm after a new post for my hardtail and have come across a 2003 Campag Record Carbon 27.2x350. In the listings this thing is 185 grams, can anyone confirm that. All the online shops say 185 grams for the 250mm length but that's for the 2004 model (maybe been beefed up).

Secondly, if that weight is right do you think it will be OK for XC race use by a 145lb/66kg rider. Otherwise it looks like I'll have to just shell out for a Thomson Masterpiece.

Urgent reply needed as item finishes on ebay in 9 hours.

Cya, John.

Fat, but working on it...
    I'd go with the Thomson. Carbon posts are fine on road bikes, but on mountain bikes I don't trust them...

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmCosmo
    I'd go with the Thomson. Carbon posts are fine on road bikes, but on mountain bikes I don't trust them...
    I guess the auction has ended..

You should look at a USE Alien seatpost. They can be had for around the same price as a thompson masterpeice

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Second the Thomson

I have a 27.2 x 330 mm and it weighs 190 grams , I'm 195 lbs. and it has preformed excellent installed and forget it !!! Same performance as the elite just lighter!

Chrome Toaster
    Thats got to be a typo because that post is for road and only comes in 250mm last I checked. I had one for my road bike and its a VERY BAD QUALITY carbon post. It started to crack in the first few days. Campagnolo knows how to make a lot of things well but carbon is not one of them. Get a Thomson Masterpiece. Its under 200g for a 330mm length.

Members who have read this thread: 0