Tune Bobo headset - experiences?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Tune Bobo headset - experiences?

I'm after a new headset for my bike. Everything else is fancy & light, this is the last place I can save some weight without sacrificing performance/durability really.

Who here is running the Bobo headset? Anyone apart from AxisII? How are you finding yours Axis now you've had it a while?

Also (and don't hate on me for this)... this is going on a DH bike. Do you think it'll stand up to the abuse? In my mind headsets have a fairly easy life on a DH bike, lots of cushy suspension to take the hits, dual-crown forks to help keep everything tight. More leverage admittedly though...

ups and downs
    DH headsets have heavy and extra deep insertion cups for a reason, you don't want to ovalize the headtube by having all that extra leverage hammer on that teeny cup skirt on your ultralight headset and reshape that headtube.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hmm, you may be right. To be fair though there's only a handful of "deep cup" DH-specific headsets on the market, and hardly anyone uses them. I certainly never have and have never ovalised a headtube yet... maybe I'll just stick with a King though, borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring :P

mtbr member
    no dont go with a king, get the new crank brothers DH headset. lighter,which is what you want, and much more unique, and youll have more money for beer. win-win-win situation. your welcome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hmm, their entire range looks pretty light!! Reckon the stainless version is worth the extra 50% cost over the normal version? Interesting that they have XC, AM and DH headsets, all within 1g of each other and all the same price, seems a bit pointless!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/S...yID=73&Search=

I presume when they say "max" they mean cartridge bearing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    http://www.balfa.co.uk/catalog/produ...roducts_id=154

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Bargain :P

SUBLIM8er
    The Bobo is quality like all the Tune stuff. I have been impressed with setup, adjustability and durability.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_dh
    http://www.balfa.co.uk/catalog/produ...roducts_id=154

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Bargain :P
    Wow. That may have to be the first thing I waste my lottery winnings on.

Now, if only I would ever buy a ticket....

Members who have read this thread: 1