mtbr member
    May 2013

Suggestions: lightweight 26" tapered rigid fork

I'm searching all over for a lightweight 26" tapered rigid fork, as I recently got an excellent deal on a Ridley Blast 26" frame.

I know the frame isn't anything fancy, but I intend to build up a stiff, lightweight, off-road ride - I'm thinking in the vane of a modern Klein Attitude/Adroit.

The Ridley has a tapered steerer tube, and accommodates disc brakes - I intended to take advantage of both. I believe the frame was designed around a 100 mm suspension fork.

I'm open to suggestions, and am still trying to figure out the ideal axle to crown length, as well.

●●●●●●●●◌◌

mtbr member
    May 2007
    If you need QR up front, a chiner fork could also be an option.

FK013 26er mtb bike carbon fork - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lRaphl View Post
    If you need QR up front, a chiner fork could also be an option.

FK013 26er mtb bike carbon fork - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd
    All I have is the frame, at the moment. So I'm not limited by the front axle.

...then again, if I'm being a stickler about making sure it's a tapered fork, should I compromise on the axle?

Do you have any experience with the Chinese carbon forks? I've heard stories on all ends of the spectrum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I personally have 2 Token carbon rigid forks. One on my bike and the other on my wife's. I have the better part of 10,000kms on mine and there's probably 2,500 on my wife's. Hers is disc brake and mine is V brakes. Though the "offroad" riding is quite limited, they have both been absolutely flawless. And very light to boot - IIRC around 400-450g.

Specialized
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic View Post
    I personally have 2 Token carbon rigid forks. One on my bike and the other on my wife's. I have the better part of 10,000kms on mine and there's probably 2,500 on my wife's. Hers is disc brake and mine is V brakes. Though the "offroad" riding is quite limited, they have both been absolutely flawless. And very light to boot - IIRC around 400-450g.
    Where did you buy the fork from ?!!! I have looked everywhere and cannot find a stockist . I know they ceased production but I am hoping someone sells them (new) somewhere .

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by karimian5 View Post
    Where did you buy the fork from ?!!! I have looked everywhere and cannot find a stockist . I know they ceased production but I am hoping someone sells them (new) somewhere .
    Sorry. Got the brand wrong. It was Trigon. Not tapered, but that's only the "right bottom headset parts" away.

[U.Z BIKE] NEW TRIGON FULL CARBON RIGID FORK Disk Brake MTB BIKE ,Black | eBay

Specialized
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic View Post
    Sorry. Got the brand wrong. It was Trigon. Not tapered, but that's only the "right bottom headset parts" away.

[U.Z BIKE] NEW TRIGON FULL CARBON RIGID FORK Disk Brake MTB BIKE ,Black | eBay
    Oh that doesn't bother me . i have my Extralite converter . Cheers for the link .

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Typically, I wouldn't think twice about a tapered steerer. But seeing how the frame was built for it (and I've never had a bike with a tapered head tube), I was looking to use tapered.

Perhaps I'll have to go custom...unless the frame geometry works with a Niner fork...it is designed for 100mm of travel, which is close to the length of the 470mm axle to crown of the Niner.