Sram xx wire pull?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Sram xx wire pull?

Does anyone know or could anyone that have xx on their bikes measure how much wire that is pulled between the 1. and 10. gear??

and if it's the same lenght is pulled between each "click" on the trigger

I have been reading somwhere that the pull off each click is 3 millimeters, that would give a total pull of 3 x 9 = 27mm

Reasson for asking is that am working on a part that will modify a grip shift to be used with a XX RD, and if it's working i could sell this part, and others allso could modify gripshifts to be used toghther with XX RD

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The pull is the same as all of sram's road gruppos. There may well be more info around on that as its been out for a while
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

LA CHÈVRE
    Theorically yes, Exact Actuation means the amount of cable pull is the same between each cog, and the amount of cable pull is equal to the distance between cogs. Measure the distance between two cogs and you'll be able to verify if it is indeed 3mm (a value I have read somewhere too). You can measure on a XX cassette but also a 10 speed SRAM cassette as they use the same spacing and cable pull...

I'm picking my XX stuff tonight but it wont be installed right away...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-18-2009 at 01:31 PM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0