Some Shiny Crank Porn!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    need more bikes!
    Reputation: BOhNSAI!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    100

    Some Shiny Crank Porn!

    For your viewing pleasure

    Matches nicely with the Blue A-Tec BB I have. Unfortunately I don't have the Boone inner ring yet. And from what I hear I'll still be waiting awhile

    Total weight with BB and Boone ring should be 522 + 14 + 141.5 = 677.5 not bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "someone set up us the bomb" No puedo sentirme las piernas

    04 Stinky Primo for sale. Please buy it so I can buy more bikes, Please!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slobberdoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    934

    Nice!

    I'll be the first to say beautiful and very unique setup. The SRP self extractor is fitting. I love it when I see bikes with cool parts Any further plans we should know about?

  3. #3
    need more bikes!
    Reputation: BOhNSAI!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    100
    actually the crank bolt is not self extracting, just laying in there for visual enhancement.

    It's going to go on a 2005 Kona King Kikapu which right now weighs in at 30.5 lbs. My goal is to get it to 22lbs or less so I've definately got my work cut out for me.

    BTW, kudos to Nino for getting me the parts
    "someone set up us the bomb" No puedo sentirme las piernas

    04 Stinky Primo for sale. Please buy it so I can buy more bikes, Please!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Strong Ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    370

    Very Cool!

    Are they 175mm, compact square taper? What's the cranks weigh without rings and bolts?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Overkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    465

    Good job! Brett is MIA

    Quote Originally Posted by BOhNSAI!!!
    For your viewing pleasure

    Matches nicely with the Blue A-Tec BB I have. Unfortunately I don't have the Boone inner ring yet. And from what I hear I'll still be waiting awhile

    Total weight with BB and Boone ring should be 522 + 14 + 141.5 = 677.5 not bad.

    I've emailed Brett at least 3 or 4 times in the past week and a half with no response. I sent my Boone big ring back to get ramped/pinned and I haven't heard if he's even received it yet. Anyone know what the deal is? I didn't have any trouble contacting him before.

    Very nice cranks BTW

  6. #6
    Faller - Expert Class
    Reputation: psinsyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    643

    Sweet!..

    Quote Originally Posted by BOhNSAI!!!
    actually the crank bolt is not self extracting, just laying in there for visual enhancement.It's going to go on a 2005 Kona King Kikapu which right now weighs in at 30.5 lbs. My goal is to get it to 22lbs or less so I've definately got my work cut out for me.BTW, kudos to Nino for getting me the parts
    Glad to see you got the cranks!! Definitely a sweet setup! Nice to see you have an '05 King Kikapu too! I've got mine at 26.5lbs according to the LBS scale. It's a 20" frame. I was going to redo the whole drivetrain to lighten it up further until I found a deal on the Bandito frameset that I just couldn't pass up! Remember the golden rule though.....post pics when you're done!!!

    Sweet setup you have there!
    2006 Kona Leroi


    Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

  7. #7
    Feeding your addiction
    Reputation: Ventanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill
    I've emailed Brett at least 3 or 4 times in the past week and a half with no response. I sent my Boone big ring back to get ramped/pinned and I haven't heard if he's even received it yet. Anyone know what the deal is? I didn't have any trouble contacting him before.

    Very nice cranks BTW
    I've given up on Brett at this point and probably won't bother even trying to order from him anymore. Still waiting on stuff I ordered in JULY!!!, and he doesn't respond to my emails.

    Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

  8. #8
    SUBLIM8er
    Reputation: Axis II's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,203
    Very bling. I like the old school SRP bits. The crank reminds me of the old crank bros crank.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

  9. #9
    Get your freak on!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    I've given up on Brett at this point and probably won't bother even trying to order from him anymore. Still waiting on stuff I ordered in JULY!!!, and he doesn't respond to my emails.

    Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    Wow... That's a shame.

    Who else makes real nice Ti chainrings?


  10. #10
    need more bikes!
    Reputation: BOhNSAI!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    100
    Yes they are square taper and the cranks themselves weigh 399.5g

    That is a shame about Brent. It's a good thing I just ordered a little ring instead of the whole set. Action Tec makes some Ti rings, they aren't as nice looking as Brent's but I believe they are just as strong. They also make a heat treated Ti ring (mucho dinero) which I'm sceptical of. I'm thinking they are thru hardened which would be bad idea in my opinion (brittle). If they were only case hardened (still soft ont he inside) that would be good as they would still be strong and hard
    "someone set up us the bomb" No puedo sentirme las piernas

    04 Stinky Primo for sale. Please buy it so I can buy more bikes, Please!

  11. #11
    need more bikes!
    Reputation: BOhNSAI!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    100
    Just got an email yesterday saying that my ti inner ring has just shipped! can't wait
    "someone set up us the bomb" No puedo sentirme las piernas

    04 Stinky Primo for sale. Please buy it so I can buy more bikes, Please!

  12. #12
    SUBLIM8er
    Reputation: Axis II's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,203
    Let us know how they ride. The 29er forum is considering a group purchase but people have reservations about stiffness. It would be good to get your feedback.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

  13. #13
    Alright, let's ride!
    Reputation: LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    I've given up on Brett at this point and probably won't bother even trying to order from him anymore. Still waiting on stuff I ordered in JULY!!!, and he doesn't respond to my emails.

    Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    I hate to say it but I feel the same way even though I did eventually receive my chainrings (three months total). What gets me is one of the primary reasons I ordered them was so that I could send them back every year and have them refinished. I don't know if I will feel confident sending them back in now. I don't like the idea of going without them for a couple of months each year.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.