Some FRM weights for you folks- Mtbr.com
    NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004

Some FRM weights for you folks

We got in some new FRM stuff and of course I had to throw in on the scales so I wanted to pass along the info.

FRM Integrated Mountain double (44-29t) with all hardware, 172.5mm = 716g
    FRM Integrated Mountain triple (44-32-22t) with all hardware, 175mm = 736g
    44t, 5 arm ring = 73g
    29t, 5 arm ring = 25g
    FRM road calipers = 193g for the pair

I have yet to weigh the new Team headset and the new stems didn't arrive with this shipment.

If someone feels this crosses the line of spam, let me know and I'll delete it.
    Please do not use the forum PM or e-mail function for business related questions. I can be contacted through our website. Thanks!

NoTubes.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Has anyone actually used those cranks? Are they stiff enough for 175lb riders? The axles are bigger than the Extralites. (25mm vs 22mm)

STS
    mtbr member
    the weights are with or without chainrings and bolts?
    any rider weight limit?

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by williford
    Has anyone actually used those cranks? Are they stiff enough for 175lb riders? The axles are bigger than the Extralites. (25mm vs 22mm)
    I've only ridden the ISIS version to this point but will be putting some integrateds on my next build. I'll let others that may have tried them chime in on stiffness. We did set up Mary McConneloug and Mike Broderick with the doubles last year for their race bikes and they never had anything bad to say. Mary is on the smaller side but Mike is a little bigger and very powerful and to the best of my knowledge did not have any flexxing issues.
    Please do not use the forum PM or e-mail function for business related questions. I can be contacted through our website. Thanks!

NoTubes.com

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by STS
    the weights are with or without chainrings and bolts?
    any rider weight limit?
    The weights are with chainrings and bolts and with the cups, bearings, seals, etc still in the plastic bag. FRM does not state a rider weight limit.

NoTubes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Was this the double or triple set ups for the Pro racers? Have not heard or seen much of pro racers using the the double set up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

exact weight as your web page ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B.
    I've only ridden the ISIS version to this point but will be putting some integrateds on my next build. I'll let others that may have tried them chime in on stiffness. We did set up Mary McConneloug and Mike Broderick with the doubles last year for their race bikes and they never had anything bad to say. Mary is on the smaller side but Mike is a little bigger and very powerful and to the best of my knowledge did not have any flexxing issues.

The weight are the exact same as posted on your web page ??

http://www.notubes.com/product_info....products_id/85

they just happen to weight the exact on your scale as the posted weights???

I'm thinking that this sounds to good to be true !

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CX&XC
    Was this the double or triple set ups for the Pro racers? Have not heard or seen much of pro racers using the the double set up.
    Mike and Mary both ride 2x9 setups with the exception of Worlds when Mary put on the triple because there was one super steep climb right at the start. Mike grunted his way through with the double.

NoTubes.com

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Cycle
    The weight are the exact same as posted on your web page ??

http://www.notubes.com/product_info....products_id/85

they just happen to weight the exact on your scale as the posted weights???

I'm thinking that this sounds to good to be true !
    Yes, the weights should match because I weighed them all myself before adding the info to the site or posting here. The claimed weights in the catalog are different but I don't have them here at home with me now. Off the top of my head for instance, the 44T rings are supposed to be 70g but are really 73g and the 29T are supposed to be 24g but are really 25g. Not sure about the cranksets but I can check tomorrow and get back to you with claimed weights if you like. I seem to remember the doubles are a claimed 696g but I will double check.

NoTubes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

FRM cranks

Do you have the triple cranks in 172.5 in stock? Do you know q-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B.
    Yes, the weights should match because I weighed them all myself before adding the info to the site or posting here. The claimed weights in the catalog are different but I don't have them here at home with me now. Off the top of my head for instance, the 44T rings are supposed to be 70g but are really 73g and the 29T are supposed to be 24g but are really 25g. Not sure about the cranksets but I can check tomorrow and get back to you with claimed weights if you like. I seem to remember the doubles are a claimed 696g but I will double check.

Members who have read this thread: 0