shifter & brake system- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

shifter & brake system

I am thinking of getting rid of my shimano XTR965sti shifters and brake system and thinking of going with 06 sram xo trigger shifters and magura marta sl brakes with this complete system be heavier than what I have now? xtrsti's are 442 grams for the pair, rotors are 140 a piece and calipers are 104 a piece I can't find honest weights for the xo shifters or the magura sl brakes I have heard the brake set up is 342 grams but don't know if that is for the pair or one brake? Please help

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlpsher
    I am thinking of getting rid of my shimano XTR965sti shifters and brake system and thinking of going with 06 sram xo trigger shifters and magura marta sl brakes with this complete system be heavier than what I have now? xtrsti's are 442 grams for the pair, rotors are 140 a piece and calipers are 104 a piece I can't find honest weights for the xo shifters or the magura sl brakes I have heard the brake set up is 342 grams but don't know if that is for the pair or one brake? Please help
    That weight of 342 would be per end. The rear would weigh more then the front.

There would not be awhole lot of weight savings overall, it would probably come down to which brakes system/ shifting style/ shifting ratio (shimano's 2:1 or SRAM's 1:1) you prefer.

Keep in mind you will also need a SRAM rear deraileur if you choose SRAM shifters

That's right....
    Magura SL rear(complete): 360gr.
    Magura SL front(complete): 356gr.
    SRAM X.O. shifters(l&r): 253gr.

courtesy of weightweenies.starbike.com

Members who have read this thread: 0