Rode the RR's at Oleta today- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rode the RR's at Oleta today

Well just rode the Racing Ralph's today Oleta and really liked them. The 2.25 RR's look similar in size to Huch. 2.0's. These RR railed awsome today. Was pretty much dry except for occasinal wet patch. Noticably faster rolling than Scorp's but cornered better and more predictable than the scorp's. Only negative was I couldn't get the beads to seat to convert them to tubeless. The tube I ran today slit at the seam and dummy me tried to fix it. Like the saying goes never say never, but I've always been able to patch a tube whether it be a road or mtn tube. First time for everything, had to walk from the middle of christmas tree trail out to the parking lot .

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Christmas tree isnt all that bad. My chain snapped in the middle of Gilligans! Took me over 10 mins to just finish walking the trail (I might be exaggerating a bit). And of course that was the only day that year I didnt bring my tool with me! I was riding solo too. Every person I ran into didnt have a tool. This was a hot sticky day with tons of skeeters might I add. But it still sucks to have to walk from Christmas. I'm thinking I should cary a spare tube or at least a patch kit in my camelbak. I'll never forget my chaintool. Now getting back to the topic, thanks for the review of the tires.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Really liking the RR even more!!!

Rode Oleta again on Sun with the group. Damn these RR let you maintain speed in corners and rail. Also roll fast. No flats today either. The fork is nice and stiff.

On another note I had a difficult Sun afternoon. I had to put my 3 1/2 yr old Doberman to sleep cause of kidney failure. One of the hardest decisions I've had to make.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Between you and Duckman, you've most definiately talked me into buying some, looking forward to the day when it's me posting my great trail experiences on them!!

Sorry to hear about your Doberman, it's a hard thing to have to do, especially when so young.

Cheers, Dave.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Are these the new Evolution version?

Quote Originally Posted by 80z28s6
    Well just rode the Racing Ralph's today Oleta and really liked them. The 2.25 RR's look similar in size to Huch. 2.0's. These RR railed awsome today. Was pretty much dry except for occasinal wet patch. Noticably faster rolling than Scorp's but cornered better and more predictable than the scorp's. Only negative was I couldn't get the beads to seat to convert them to tubeless. The tube I ran today slit at the seam and dummy me tried to fix it. Like the saying goes never say never, but I've always been able to patch a tube whether it be a road or mtn tube. First time for everything, had to walk from the middle of christmas tree trail out to the parking lot .
    And are you running these front, rear or both. If on the front how much do you weigh? Have you used the NBX lites - and how do they compare? I used an NBX lite in the rear for 2 races and about 3 weeks of training but find they are are not suited to me and my bike, so I went back to the Python Airlight, but am always looking for a faster rear tire.
    M

I love Pisgah
    2.1s run 450gms consistantly. The 2.25s run right around 490-500gms. Claimed for both is amazingly more for both. 470 and 560 respectively. I love the Airlights, but these roll faster and corner harder. More volumn then the NBX's for either size. I love volumn. Theres been some other thread before I got my tires. Same as our findings as well.